Access ODBC Drivers - 32 bit and 64 bit (1 Viewer)

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:04
Hi all,

Access Drivers - 32 bit and 64 bit

Can they coexist on the same 64 bit computer?

I have a ton of databases made in 32 bit, some pretty old. Now we have 2 new computers running a special CNC program that needs to be on a 64 bit. Not a problem except something in the program produces an ODBC error (which is odd as it doesn't even use access to my knowledge) when trying to mate 2 pieces of an object in the 3D design program. Not a problem I thought, I did have Office 32 bit on the computer so I stuck Office 64 bit on it and it solved the mating problem. BUT now none of my old access programs want to work on the 64 bit computer without updating a bunch of stuff in them. While updating them is possible with a good bit of time, it seems like alot of work for just two users.

So, my question is: can I have 32 bit Office on the computer and also stick the 64 bit drivers on it and hope the design program uses the correct one?

I know someone has had to run into the same sort of problem before.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:04
I have been running 32 bit Office on Windows 7 64 bit for many years now. 64 bit drivers can, and are, on my machine. The problem you may be facing is trying to use the wrong drivers from the wrong location.

The question should really be given to the maker of the CNC program (if they have a customer support line or support forum you should be trying there first). The question asked should be what driver is used and how can I set it.

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:04
Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet as I'm super busy till after the new year so I'll investigate it more then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom