button to open subform in datasheet view within a tab (1 Viewer)

shatteras

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:23
I have six tabs in my main form, I would like to have a button in each tabs that will open a subform within that tab, and in datasheet view.

the problem is :confused: how to open it in data sheet view when I click that button? I changed that forms properties to default display-"datasheet" but when I click the button to open it, it pops up as a form. because the design of my form requires it to be in datasheet, and easier for the user to view all employees rather than displaying it in form view, thank you in advance.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:23
you dont need to do it in click event, you can drag a table or query or form in the tab to make it the source object. just make sure the correct tab is selected.

shatteras

Registered User.
Local time
hi arnelgp, thank you for your response. the previous project i created, i did that. i dragged and dropped the form to the main and yes it is showing the way i wanted it to be.

but for this project, may tabs are crowded, and i don't want to add another tab for the employees because each tabs have different employees. (i don't want also to add 6 new tabs, one tab for employees of each division, that's kinda messy)

let's simplify the question,..

can I use a button to open a form (separately, pop up thingy), but in datasheet view? thank you very much.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:23
yes ofcourse you can.
on menu create->more forms->datasheet.
now create another form pop and drag the first form (datasheet) in this form.

shatteras

Registered User.
Local time
works like a charm, just exactly what I need. thank you :) then i can use the form view to display the form in individual details and with photo of the employee... this is great cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom