Hello (1 Viewer)

kryptkitten

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Hi All,

Just introducing myself. I got a degree in database administration about 5 years ago working with SQL Server 2005. The department I currently work in is not IT and I manage the data. They use Access 2000 for now, though I hear we are finally upgrading to 2010 sometime in the first part of next year. I've been kind of limping along with my knowledge of relational databases, SQL coding, and VB programming. It's been challenging to say the least since the syntax is a bit different and trying to figure out my way around the application. At any rate look forward interacting with all of you and getting myself more familar with this application.

Stacy

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time

Welcome and we hope your interaction here is successful and enjoyable.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:15
kryptkitten,

Welcome to the Access World Forums. A little more than two years ago, I was you. I found many people who were willing to give of their time to help me get started. It was not long before I was one of the people giving advice to new members. One easy suggestion for you wouldbe to search the forum for the word "tutorial". There are a number for free turorial sites available to help you to learn MS Access, Macros for for MS Access, and VBA for MS Access. Of course, please drop by with any questions or issues that you might have and someone will usually be around to try to assist.

kryptkitten

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks so much and will definitely check out the tutorials. There has been a lot I have been able to do on my own, but sure seems it's the more complicated things I am thinking there just has to be an easier way to do them. I have one question posted currently that I am kind of unclear on the best way to approach. So hopefully will get some assistance!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Stacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom