Hello from oz! (1 Viewer)

Teady91

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:09
Hi,
I have been posting on here for a couple weeks now and i am really happy with the info i am getting from this site! it is helping me out heaps.

I thought since you guys take the time to help me out its only fair that i take the time to introduce myself.

I am a 19 yr old lad from South Australia, finished yr 12 last year and am currently on a gap year before starting a degree in Automotive engineering next year in Melbourne.

My current employment is with an engineering company as an assets manager, sound grand doesnt it. Really all i do is test and tag tools and keep track of where they are. At the moment tho i have been tasked with designing a db to keep track of all the aspects of the companies assets. From which container a battery drill is kept in, to when the Vermeer T-1255 trencher needs a service. (google them they are impressive machines)

So any way, thats why im here to get what ever help i can get. i had never used access untill about a month ago... but im persisting and i think we will end up with a usable and most of all USEFULL application.

So my life at the moment pretty much consists of staring at access all day, then going home and playing my violin. Cant wait to go to uni next year melbourne is going to be amazing.

And thats me :)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:39
What sort of music do you play on your violin?

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 01:39
Welcome to the forum T - asset management is really one of my favourite projects when designing databases once up and running people don't tend to need to change what they need from the system so can last for ages.

Teady91

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:09
Galaxiom- at the moment the sort of music i play consists of scales, twinkle twinkle little star and pleanty of finger drills haha i have only been playing for a few weeks. I hope to learn some modern music, maybe experiment with some production... i play an electric violin, its fun to plug into my computer and mess around with effects.

Light wave- I see what you mean, as i build this db, i am always putting in little extras that could be used to keep this system going. i can see it developing into quite a complex system. The grand scheme of things is to have one big system all linked together as an Integrated Management System -IMS, incorporating Time sheets, employee info including a training and certificate matrix, project details, assets... i quite proud to be a part of building it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom