Connection string and Access Encrypted DB (1 Viewer)

George10988

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:37
Hello everyone. I have a pretty big program written in C#, it has been running alive and well but recently I decided to password lock my .accdb file. Everything works except crystal reports. I went into set datasource location and tried to update my existing connection string to each report by adding the password in the wizard but I keep getting a dialogue box with a few errors. I get the same dialogue box even if I try to create a whole new connection all together. I also tried to run the report at runtime, when it asks me for the password I put it in and I get another error too. I do not have caps lock enabled and I know the password. The rest of my program/ queries/ table adapters etc are working flawlessly.

Here is the error when I try to change the datasource by adding a password.

"Log in Failed ADO error code [0x80040e4d]
Source Microsoft JET Database Engine
Description: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
SQL state: 3028
Native Error: -124520301 [Database Vendor Code : -124520301 ]"

The db was opened exclusively in order to encrypt it but I closed it. Just to make sure there wasn't an open connection somewhere I even restarted my computer and tried it again. Still the same error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom