Help! I've forgotten my db pw!! (1 Viewer)

mike6271

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
Hi Good People of AWF

So about 8 years ago I wrote this fabulous (I think) application for a client who then decided he didn't want it (long story) so it lay in folder untouched gathering dust.

Anyways, the bit you've been waiting for, I've been asked for exactly that db and when I tried to open it prompted me for the encryption pw which I cant for the life of me recall!!! :banghead:

Tried every one i recall using since PWs were a thing but no luck.

It was a split db (accdb 2010), data db is open but the FE is not, so no help at all!!

A fair bit of googling leaves me with a bunch of dubious ambulance chasing opportunists and a tool that only works on mdbs.

I know this is an ethical dilemma because people protect their work for a reason but ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. I do not fancy redoing months of work for no good reason at all.

Mike

mike6271

Registered User.
Local time
Anybody?

Even if only to tell me it can't be done....

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:57
Anybody?

Even if only to tell me it can't be done....
Hi Mike. The truth is, it can be done. However, I am thinking it would involve using a third-party application, and I am in no position to recommend any. Sorry.

mike6271

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks theDBguy

I'll have another look out there; it's like raking muck tbh.

But the knowledge it can be done makes me more resolute.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Unlike MDB files which were easily cracked, ACCEB passwords cannot easily be recovered. As you cannot prove ownership it is very unlikely that anyone here will recommend any recovery utilities. There are no free tools. If you do purchase something it will take hours or even days to get your password unless it is very weak. Suggest you keep guessing. Remember passwords are case sensitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom