sub form as form view not datasheet (1 Viewer)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:43
Hi Liz

If you do a Compact and Repair you will reduce your db from 286 Mb to 1 Mb.

Try that and also see if you can go into the VB Editor and Compile the Database.

lizcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:43
Hi. Create a fresh copy and try to post it again, so we can take another look.

Hi
I have started from scratch
only creating the referral form, and attempted sub form so they are related but I still cannot get the referral ID to equal the ID in referrals. (ignore all formatting I really haven't bothered with it until the joins are sussed)

the idea is from a home screen (yet to set up) you are able to log a referral using referral form, then again from home screen click therapy form add a therapy to exciting referral (but hospital numbers could have multiple referrals so the person entering data needs to search for hospital number and referral date to pick up the correct referral)

I think maybe this is why there is a disconnect on my forms that I'm not getting?

I have many more forms to set up based on this method too :eek:
thanks! for your help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqgdejvpf77vm3w/sstest.accdb?dl=0

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi
I have started from scratch
only creating the referral form, and attempted sub form so they are related but I still cannot get the referral ID to equal the ID in referrals. (ignore all formatting I really haven't bothered with it until the joins are sussed)

the idea is from a home screen (yet to set up) you are able to log a referral using referral form, then again from home screen click therapy form add a therapy to exciting referral (but hospital numbers could have multiple referrals so the person entering data needs to search for hospital number and referral date to pick up the correct referral)

I think maybe this is why there is a disconnect on my forms that I'm not getting?

I have many more forms to set up based on this method too :eek:
thanks! for your help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqgdejvpf77vm3w/sstest.accdb?dl=0
Hi. See if this helps...

Attachments

• sstest.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 44

lizcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. See if this helps...

I think this has worked!!! thank you
how? ...

also is there a way the last patient doesn't show on form when open it again to fins another referral?
ive tested it further and it is working! :)
thank you so much, I just need to apply this to my original cope with real data once I understand where I went wrong
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I think this has worked!!! thank you
how? ...
Hi. You're welcome. If I understood it correctly, you wanted to use the dropdown at the top to "search" for a specific record on your form. Unfortunately, this is not what was happening. So, what I did was fixed the code and made the dropdown unbound.

lizcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You're welcome. If I understood it correctly, you wanted to use the dropdown at the top to "search" for a specific record on your form. Unfortunately, this is not what was happening. So, what I did was fixed the code and made the dropdown unbound.

thanks I think I have found it - that's the event after update? on the combo box

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom