A little help if possible please. (1 Viewer)

hully333

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:21
Im using Crytal Reports X1 Developer Edition SP4. MS Access (Office 2003).

I have been using crystal reports for about 11 years in its various versions on SQL DB's. I am realtively new to Access although im picking it up quite well from having a good understanding of how it all fits together. DB-Front End-Reports. etc.

Ide like to run a few problems by you and see if anyone has experienced this before as i am a little frustrated at the moment.

In days gone by you could quite simply add the older OCX crystal controls onto a VB form and set the report source property either with code or the property sheet (default). So i thought its just the same in Access. I read up on it and it seems it is. My real problem is that when i add one of the Crystal Controls (tried them all) to a MS Access form (new or exisiting) and go to the properties sheet, there is no 'ReportFileName' property on any of the tabs for any of the controls as suggested.

Problem two is that some controls return an OLE server error, recommending re-installation of the OLE Server, i presume these are 16 bit controls generating this error.

Any ideas as i really want to use the superior power of Crystal over Access' reporting?

Regards

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom