Form is passing a '0" to Report when combo box is left blank on form (1 Viewer)

eharvilicz

Local time
Today, 10:24
After a MS Access Database was upgraded to 2016, a user has been experiencing an issue when launching the report preview from a form. For some reason, a '0' value is getting passed to the report even when you leave the combo box selection set to blank. This never happened in the previous version. If I select something in the combo box and then delete it, it doesn't pass the '0' to the report. I've made sure that the default value is not set to '0'. Help!

Cubsm22p

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:24
I would recommend trying to set a default for those fields in the form as a space (" "):go to property box and set a default
default.PNG

eharvilicz

Local time
I tried that and still no luck. It indeed does not happen in the 2002 version of the database. This is driving me crazy! What would have changed that would make the form pass the 0? It doesn't do it for some of other combo box fields, just 3 of them. There must be a parameter i'm missing.

Cubsm22p

Registered User.
Local time
do the three fields that are doing this all have the same field type

eharvilicz

Local time
It's actually the same field in 3 different spots on the report, so i'm sorry...not really 3 different fields. One of the fields in the table that is getting queried is an Auto number data type. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
So to be clear, your report is showing a number that does not have a value as "0" instead of leaving it blank, correct?

Would you ever want to show a "0" on the report?

eharvilicz

Local time
No. My report is showing a 0 when i want it to be blank. The form has a drop-down combo box and when you leave it set to "blank", it passes a '0' to the report for some reason. Does that make sense? I would never want a '0' in the report since the fields are for name initials.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Perhaps you could post a copy of the database in zip format and include instructions to show how to produce the issue.
Good luck.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 15:24
The form has a drop-down combo box and when you leave it set to "blank", it passes a '0' to the report for some reason..
Are you using a Multi-Valued Field type?

eharvilicz

Local time
1) Thanks for all of the repsonses, i really appreciate it! 2) I got it. For some reason, a few tables had the initial fields set to Number. I changed them all to short text and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom