Navigation form (1 Viewer)

Juolupuki

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:03
Hello,

Time to look for help :). I have done form with navigation buttons on the top and left, it has the list box and few text boxes (see attached please). What i'm trying to do is to be able to see the data in the list box and able to add, delete, edit data in list box. The records should not be duplicates. Most of functions i managed to make them work, but stuck with one problem.
If i select the record in the list box it will populate information in the text boxes and if i go to other navigation menu and back to same one, it will created duplicate record in to table/list box, which i don't want to happen.
I have tried different events with Dirty function, but no luck :( so i start wondering if its even possible to make what i want to do or it must be done different way?

for the selected record in the list box im using On Click Event code:
Code:
Private Sub lstDepartments_Click()
    Dim deptNumber As String
    With lstDepartments
        txtbDepartName = .Column(1)
        txtbDescription = .Column(2)
        deptNumber = DLookup("[DID]", "tblDepartment", "[DepartName] = Forms!frm_Admin!frm_SubForm.form!txtbDepartName")
        txtbDID = .Column(0)
    End With
End Sub

Thanks

Attachments

• AdminMenu.JPG
    AdminMenu.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 108

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:03
I noticed that your question has yet to receive a reply, so I thought I'd bump it up the list by replying.

The problem with navigation forms is that not many developers use them because they are difficult to use! I think this explains why you have yet to receive a reply.

However there are a few people here with experience with navigation forms and you may yet receive an answer to your question.

However as you indicate in your question, you may need to adopt a different approach, possibly a Tab control.

Now I've bumped this up you may receive some better suggestions from people with more experience with navigation forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom