Shortcut Menu's & Hyperlinks (1 Viewer)

LarryB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:04
Good morning all,

I have developed an application using Access 2010, with numerous forms which I have locked down so users cannot get access to the design section of the app, using the toolbars

However, one part I overlooked is if a user right clicks anywhere on the form, they can access the design view from the shortcut menu and make changes if they wish.

I can disable the Shortcut Menu in the Form properties, but this impacts on my hyperlink fields on the form, and a shortcut menu is not available if the user wished to amend the hyperlink

Do any of you have any suggestions to disable the design view from the shortcut menu, but keep the hyperlink shortcut menu active?

Many thanks

Larry

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 20:04
You will need to create your own menu system. That way you can include any and all options your app needs, but eliminating any options that your app does not need.

LarryB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:04
Thanks MR B. I have not created customized shortcut menu's in 2007 or later and it looks like I'll need to use code.

Do you know off hand the edit hyperlink control ID?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 20:04
It is not a matter of modifying the existing menus, it is a matter of creating your own menus. There is a lot of information out there about how to do this, but it is something that you will need to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom