Formatting Question (1 Viewer)

Mylyne203

Local time
Today, 00:17
I am trying to create a report in Access. I have two tables that I am retrieving data from. I wrote a query to collect the pertinent data for the report and decided to create the report against the query in lieu of the two tables. In the query (and the tables), one primary identifier may have multiple records in one table but only one in the other table. Let me explain: the two tables are related to issues that my company is tracking. In the first table the issue is identified, described, time submitted, and creator of the issue. In table two, the status of the issue is tracked such as to whom the issue was assigned for resolution, the progress that the issue is in i.e. assigned, in progress, pending, resolved, the date and time resolution was achieved, and comments. Therein lies my issue; one issue (identified as 101) may have multiple comments i.e. one for assignment, one for in progress, and one in resolution. I want the report to display the primary identifier once however, I want to show all comments and the progress statuses under that record to follow the progression of the steps taken to resolve the issue. How would I go about capturing and displaying all comments but displaying only the identifier once? Right now, if I run a report, it shows only the last comment to the primary identifier. Please advise.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:17
I would go further than that. I would create a report for the Issues table and a subreport for the comments, etc. That way, in addition to the break logic, you can also get accurate counts if you need them. You can't get accurate counts of issues if the 1-m are all in a single RecordSource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom