Outlook Web App OWA Forwarding Rule Not Working (1 Viewer)

Stormin

Nawly Ragistarad Usar
Local time
Today, 16:11
Hi,

I have a corporate email address, e.g. stormin@work.com, of which I want to check if emails are getting through to. Some incoming attachments cause external emails to fail to be delivered to this address. They are caught at the company's firewall and the sender gets a Delivery Fail message returned (but stormin@work.com gets no notification whatsoever).

I wanted an easy way to check if certain attachments are allowed through the firewall because the current situation is that these rules can change at any moment (on-going cyber threat).

With a 'proof is in the pudding' approach I send stormin@work.com an email from my personal email address, e.g. stormin@home.com, with the attachment I want to test. However I want to be able to test this from my workstation without logging into my personal email. So I have setup an inbox rule in the OWA for stormin@home.com, wherein if an email comes through from stormin@work.com with the subject "Bounceback" it will mark as read and then forward it to stormin@work.com. Therefore if I send stormin@home.com an email with an .xls attachment I want it to send the same message back with the attachment to test the firewall.

Unfortunately this rule refuses to forward the email. I receive the email in my inbox, the rule marks it as read (so it is being caught by the rule), but then nothing else happens.

Here is how the rule is set up:

Both my work email and personal email are provided by MS Outlook.

I've read about Exchange Admin settings blocking the forwarding of emails. However this is on my personal account that was signed up with on outlook.com. If there is a block, why would there be?

Does anyone have any ideas (or alternatives?)

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom