Tips for loosing weight.. (1 Viewer)

Adam101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:16
Every one have some thing wrong in his body, like some people want to make there self health and some people want to loss some extra weight..
I have my 210 pounds weight on the scale but I want 170 pounds max weight..
Does any one have any weight loss tips..

Last edited:

pwbrown

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:16
The best thing to do, to lose weight, is to eat properly. After that in addition you can join the gym or take part in some sport activity regularly such as football, rugby etc.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Buy food with less salt and less sugar. Do a test, buy salted peanuts and unsalted peanuts. Notice that you stop eating unsalted peanuts when you aren't hungry. Notice that you keep eating salted peanuts because of the taste, regardless of whether you are full.

In this respect the food industry has manufactured food that is addictive. Don't buy that food. Don't buy anything with a "just add milk" powder, or a "just add boiling water" sauce. Just eat raw unprocessed food, you won't go hungry, and you'll stop eating when you're full.

Go for walks.

Don't diet, just start by eating well.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You go on and on about running here but in another thread say that swimming is best!!

The only way to avoid being fat is to eat less, it takes a whole lot of exercise to cope with that extra slice of cake.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Every one have some thing wrong in his body, like some people want to make there self health and some people want to loss some extra weight..
I have my 210 pounds weight on the scale but I want 170 pounds max weight..
Does any one have any weight loss tips..

Eat less or maybe better, exercise more. THats it really.

Lagbolt is probably right about eating the rights things is easy that eating less of the wrong things.

Junk food is addictive avoid it. 4 large burgers makes me feel hungrier than one small salad.

You could try a 5:2 diet to start you off. Basically for 2 days a week you fast - or eat 600 calories or less. Then the other 5 days , you eat normally (but obviously try to eat well here too)

For the two days maybe eat salads, veggies, fruit, and a small supper.
YOu will notice that the other 5 days it actually becomes easier to eat well, and at the right portion size, without following any strict plan - just an eye for healthy eating. The 2 days a week become easy - the 5 days are no effort anyhow.

IN time your 2 will relax a little and hopefully your 5 will have improved so, you are just eating well at the right weight for the rest of your life.

Good luck.

kajtam

Registered User.
Local time
1. Don't eat before sleep
2. Start eating less each meal but more often, I had an alarm every 3 hours. This way your body will learn that food comes every 3h and wont store the fat for later
3. Drink a lot of water. If you are hungry, drink water, don't cheat, no snacks in between meals.
4. Quit white bread, French fries and such. More proteins over carbs.

You should see results pretty fast.

Good luck

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 13:16
Drink water. Don't eat processed foods. PORTION CONTROL. Stop filling your face if you're full.

jaismith08

Banned
Local time
The best tip for loosing weight is to know how to balance your diet. Eating nutritious food will always be the first thing. More vegies and less carbs. Drinking a lot of water may increase the feeling of being full. Eating fruits like orange and apple tend to loose weight also. Exercise daily and eating on a right time.

malvenx

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for the tips, and remember to exercise!~

Jason Dundas

Registered User.
Local time
Seems so simple but I find it's more like an addiction that needs conquered

Lady Phoenix

Registered User.
Local time
This may not be the perfect answer, but it worked for me

Ive never believed in diets in the sense that a lot of diets consist of a reduction in calories. Then you get down to your ideal weight and then you carry on as you did before.

To me weight loss has always been about lifestyle changes.

Ive always eaten quite well, mainly because I work as a live in carer and I cook my clients good food and I tend to eat what they do. But what I noticed was that I didnt do any form of exercise, either conventional or unconventional.
So, I started running. Nothing major, just a walk round the block. I used my mobile phone as a walkman, bought some headphones, downloaded a free running app that tracked me using GPS and away I went.
OK, so I say running. more like a walk, but it was exercise. I used to do a daily circuit of about 2 miles and I used to complete it in roughly 20-30 minutes. Nothing spectacular but it was exercise. After about 2 months I noticed that Id lost about a stone in weight. That pushed me to continue. The weight loss slowed down (Since Im not exercising as much as Im not carrying as much weight, so the effort is reduced) but as I carried on the weight seemed to settle at about a point where I was more comfortable.

There are also lots of you tube videos on excercises you can do at home using orfinary household items such as stairs, or tins of food, or bottles of water.

Sorry, can you tell Im a tight wad when it comes to money :)

Woo Hoo, 10 posts :)

readytogocable

Local time
For losing weight exercise and diet both are very useful. In exercises cardio exercises are best and in diet simple food like fruits and vegetables are good. For weight lose we should try to reduce the amount of calories.

lesathomas

Local time
The main thing for losing weight is to eat healthy food and take more workouts. Obviously every person is different, and some things perform better for some persons than others.
By following tips you’ll be achieve your weight loss goal,
  1. Focus on your goal
  2. Drink teas like green, white, black
  3. Eat more veggies and fruits
  4. Regular exercise is also important
  5. Drink plenty of water
  6. Eat breakfast
  7. Use the stairs
  8. Go for a walk

lesathomas

Local time
Absolutely! Being healthy and fit is simple. Exercise is essential and you should try to achieve it, even though it’s only running or walking, but if you’re obese, simple changes in your healthy diet can make a big difference.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
I also suggest getting the help of a fitness instructor. They know exactly the right type of exercise for a specific body type.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
My friend lost 6 kgs in 1 month. She only ate eggs and sweet potato most of the time. She runs in the morning and has a regular evening work out.

mhorner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:16
Start a garden! Gardens both get you outside, give you basic exercise to keep you moving, and gives you healthy food at the end of the day.

It something to be proud of, fun, and actually motivated me to stop eating all these processsed foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom