Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 04-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #16
DanielR
Newly Registered User

DanielR is on a distinguished road
Re: Form doesnt open in client side

The client machine doesn't have access on it and so I cant open the fe to relink the back end. When I open the fe I can see the be data.

DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #17
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,508 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

Does the client PC have Access runtime? If not, how can the database be run on that machine?

Did you mean you can view data in the linked tables?

Did you decompile as well - it will take less than a minute

Web links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #18
DanielR
Newly Registered User

Its has runtime...to relink don't I have to go into the linktable manager in access. The client doesn't have access to that?

Old 04-25-2018, 10:19 AM   #19
arnelgp

Thanked 2,142 Times in 2,053 Posts
arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice

Is the server your machine also?
If it is you relibk in your machine using unc path and not absolute path.

\\mypc\myfolder\be.accdb
Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #20
DanielR
Newly Registered User

No, the server is not my machine and I am using the correct path for the be.
I believe the form is corrupt cause I can open other forms fine.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #21
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

If you remember, I said you need to ensure the path to the BE is the same from all PCs.
You can't relink using a runtime version.
However if the links work from a PC with full version of Access, they will then also work on all other PCs

Having said that you indicated you could view the data in the linked tables from the other PC ..so that's ok anyway.
However, users should have no direct access to tables.
Recommend you hide the navigation pane from users.

Agree that it is likely your form is corrupt

One other thought. Does the other user have 64-bit Access with you on 32-bit? Or vice versa?

Web links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #22
Pat Hartman
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,350 Posts
Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light Pat Hartman is a glorious beacon of light

You may also have a missing reference. Unfortunately, without Access loaded on the PC, you won't be able to find this easily. I'll look to see if I can find any code that looks for missing references. Or perhaps someone else has it handy and so they can post it.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #23
isladogs
Part time moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hartman View Post
You may also have a missing reference. Unfortunately, without Access loaded on the PC, you won't be able to find this easily. I'll look to see if I can find any code that looks for missing references. Or perhaps someone else has it handy and so they can post it.
This thread in the repository may help:How to get a full list of VBA references & locations

Web links:

Colin

Last edited by isladogs; 04-26-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: