Hello (1 Viewer)

hubard

Local time
Today, 00:27
Hi, I am a self taught access user, so I have learned a lot by surfing the web and reading books but I am not really an experienced user.

My background is not at all in computer programming or coding, I just use computers for work as anyone does.

I started using access a long time ago to create simple databases and when I realized it´s potential and wanted to apply it to other more complex tasks. I had to learn more features while doing the work I actually get paid for which is running a small business.

Now I have a company with revenues north of 10 million running on an Access 2003 application set on a network with 9 users. Contracts, invoices, collections, deliveries, inventories, reporting and xml certificates for tax purposes are done thru the application. Since it is an old app we are now in dire need to upgrade it to 2016. That is this year challenge for me among other tasks.

Looking forward to do it with anyone who kindly can help me with the questions I´ll have from time to time.

Thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
Hi, I am a self taught access user, so I have learned a lot by surfing the web and reading books but I am not really an experienced user.

My background is not at all in computer programming or coding, I just use computers for work as anyone does.

I started using access a long time ago to create simple databases and when I realized it´s potential and wanted to apply it to other more complex tasks. I had to learn more features while doing the work I actually get paid for which is running a small business.

Now I have a company with revenues north of 10 million running on an Access 2003 application set on a network with 9 users. Contracts, invoices, collections, deliveries, inventories, reporting and xml certificates for tax purposes are done thru the application. Since it is an old app we are now in dire need to upgrade it to 2016. That is this year challenge for me among other tasks.

Looking forward to do it with anyone who kindly can help me with the questions I´ll have from time to time.

Thanks!
Hi hubard, welcome to AWF.

Looks like an interesting project. That's how I started out, building a dB for my own business!

Cheers Tony...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hubard

Local time
Today, 00:27
Thank you Tony, that is encouraging!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom