Importing issues (1 Viewer)

madman1221

Local time
Today, 11:09
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been searching for a fix for about a week now. I just don't know how to get my data from the staging area to my tables. I imported a excel spreadsheet with data that stretches over three tables. My staging records have a box #, file details that are in the box, and then who has touched the file. So tables for box, file, and user are needed to be filled per record when I divide the stage table. Is there an easy way to do this or must I learn SQL? Thank you for your time and I apologize if this is already answered. I just can't seem to get my queries right in order to populate the tables.

Best,
Sean

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Without data we can only help generally. I believe this can all be done through the Query designer. But learning SQL won't kill you and could be beneficial if you plan on using Access (or any database system) for anything more than this 1 task.

Can you post a sample of your data? Show me what you are starting with and what you hope to end up with.

madman1221

Local time
Thank you so much for getting back to me. So I don't really know how to copy and paste the data that I want you to see, so I'm just going to write it out. I have my primary key for the import which is Stage_ID, Last_Name, First_Name, Middle_Initial, Suffix, Service_Number, Match_Check, Box, Rack, Shelf, Inventory, Inv_Date, Preparation, Prep_Date, Image_Capture, IC_Total, IC_Date, Quality_Assurance, QA_Date, Notes....I already have a parent table with the box, rack, and shelf data, which then has a relation ship with another table that has the data for the file per box, with last name, first name, etc. From there I have another table that is related per file, who has done what. So the Prep, prep date, ic, ic total, ic date, etc is all stored under fields task_completed, completed_by, date_completed, etc. And I took some screen shots of my tables, but I am unsure how to post them on this message. The button is saying I need a URL. ??

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Add your screenshots as attachments.

Go Advanced ->Manage Attachments -> Choose File -> Upload

madman1221

Local time
Okay I think I have them attached!

Attachments

• 1st.PNG
    1st.PNG
    18.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2nd.PNG
    2nd.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 3rd.PNG
    3rd.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 42
  • 4th.PNG
    4th.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 33

madman1221

Local time
The first snapshot is of my import, for which I am trying to distribute to the other tables.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I'd need sample data and a walktrhough to understand your issue. Preferable startind data in the staging table and then what you hope to end up with in the other 3 based on that data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom