Hello world (1 Viewer)

TMBIT

Local time
Today, 15:41
Hey all. Amateur hobbyist here, on this forum for work. We're migrating our organization contact information and inventory control from our current separate, unorganized, numerous excel documents to a unified MS access database. As the de facto tech person in the office, I have been tasked with designing this database from the ground up. I'm definitely going to need all the help I can get. I've been lurking for the past 6 months and the archive threads have already solved several of my issues, so thanks!

TMBIT
USA

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to the forum!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:41
We're migrating our organization contact information and inventory control from our current separate, unorganized, numerous excel documents to a unified MS access database.

Hi TMBIT, welcome to Access World Forums (AWF)...

There is a major problem you can (WILL) run into importing Excel data into MS Access, I describe it in my blog here:-

http://www.niftyaccess.com/excel-in-access/

I also provide a tool for modifying your Excel data into a format suitable for MS Access.

I strongly recommend that you read up on this problem, as if you nip it in the bud right at the beginning, it's plain sailing but if you ignore it, it will eventually bite you in the proverbial!

Cheers Tony...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:41
Welcome, TMBIT. Regardless of why you are here, we are glad to add another voice to the chorus - or the chaos, as applicable.

TMBIT

Local time
I strongly recommend that you read up on this problem, as if you nip it in the bud right at the beginning, it's plain sailing but if you ignore it, it will eventually bite you in the proverbial!

Thanks UG! I've actually watched several of your youtube vids before and found them very helpful on my Access journey so far.

I'll be posting in some of the help sections soon, as my current developmental roadblock is something I'll definitely be seeking outside input on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom