Ban Football (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 14:19
There is a movement quietly forming to ban football in the US. Not being a football fan it doesn’t make a difference to me one way or the other, sports wise. From a legal/freedom stand point, why is either side left or right so intent on taking away our freedom? I say left or right as I haven’t research to see what side wants to do this, maybe both sides.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:19
Since you have made the statement without any backing source we cannot really comment, but IF it's true perhaps it's because the US aren't winning anything at the sport.

Brian

Ps please don't tell me that we have some good American players over here , I know.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:19
Sounds like some joke spreading around or did Donald Trump start this when he ran out of steam asking for birth certificates ?

Of all the constitutional arguments raised in the USA how could a (non dangerous) sport be banned ?
Surely the sport of shooting up the public every few weeks would be banned before soccer. Sorry, in NZ football is a generic term. Like sheep farming:D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Since you have made the statement without any backing source we cannot really comment, but IF it's true perhaps it's because the US aren't winning anything at the sport.

Brian

Ps please don't tell me that we have some good American players over here , I know.

I think you are right. I couln't pick a good team fron a bad.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sounds like some joke spreading around or did Donald Trump start this when he ran out of steam asking for birth certificates ?

Of all the constitutional arguments raised in the USA how could a (non dangerous) sport be banned ?
Surely the sport of shooting up the public every few weeks would be banned before soccer. Sorry, in NZ football is a generic term. Like sheep farming:D

I'll try and find the article. I think it said because of so many injuries

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
I'll try and find the article. I think it said because of so many injuries
Sadly, articles are no longer worth what they once were. Especially the headlines!
My wife was alerted to a TV News headline about health risks with backyard Hens. (we have 7)
When she paid attention to the story it boiled down to "if you don't wash your hands...."
As if back yard hens were the only thing a normal house person needs to wash their hands over !!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sadly, articles are no longer worth what they once were. Especially the headlines!
My wife was alerted to a TV News headline about health risks with backyard Hens. (we have 7)
When she paid attention to the story it boiled down to "if you don't wash your hands...."
As if back yard hens were the only thing a normal house person needs to wash their hands over !!

You are so right. Especially about headlines, but i would love to have chickens again. When i would let them out they would follow me around like little puppies

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:19
Ah! American football, when you use the term football on an international forum one assumes you mean the international game of real football, the one played with your feet and all over the globe.

Brian

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Ah! American football, when you use the term football on an international forum one assumes you mean the international game of real football, the one played with your feet and all over the globe.

Brian

gota be my dumb week didn't know that either, then again i don't follow int sports or football. or should i say feetball:D

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Yes, Sadly we mostly call our Sport Football but there are many versions and it appears Football has been claimed, for some time, to be the sport we, in NZ, call Soccer.
Football, when I was young, was known as Rugby (All Blacks:))
Now we have:

Rugby Union
Rugby League (AFL in Australia)
Aussie Rules (Arial PingPong to some)
Soccer/Football;)
Gridiron - USA sport where you can't see the player for all the padding:D
Rugby 7s / Touch Rugby (Hong Kong 7s)
??

Just as well we have dedicated Sports Channels to try and cover all of this:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom