Analyze data?!?! (1 Viewer)

Ilovexfiles

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:12
Since Access 2013 cannot do Pivot Table, is it possible to automate it with Excel?

If I link Access to an Excel Workgroup that has a dashboard for example, will this work?

I already know I can export each time to analyze, but I am wondering if there is an easier more efficient way ?

Thanks

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:12
would using a crosstab query work for you? For multiple heading groups you create multiple crosstabs which you then link together in a final query.

Otherwise, so far as I am aware, the only option is to use Excel.

Never tried it, but you can use code to create an excel instance in Access, populate Excel with the data then run the pivot. You then should be able to scan through the resulting pivot table to populate a temporary table in Access.

Otherwise, if you already have an Excel dashboard, you can link to or import the data from access and just do the pivot in Excel.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:12
Although I didn't use the pivot tables or charts, I do know that a lot of Excel users tried Access for this reason...and now it is gone. I sometimes wonder if MS is trying to kill Access.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:12
I did that for the SharePoint services, I will do the same for this. Thanks for the reminder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom