Report rendering Textbox not enough/too much characters to display (1 Viewer)

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:57
Sorry about title. I have a report that successfully prints long text, however I came across a paragraph that dropped the last 2 words. It prints out 1,030 of 1,047 characters. I showed it to a colleague and we tested out different scenarios and he believes it is a rendering issue because if I add a few more letters, the text that wasn't printing now prints, in fact, it had no trouble printing an additional 1,000 characters in the same text box. He didn't have a solution other than the manual work around of typing it on the pdf after the fact as shown in the first screen shot, so posting here.

I have attached screen shots. Had to cover up some of the text.

The first screen shot shows text on white background (circled in yellow) is the text that didn't print (I added it after the fact in a pdf).

The second screen shot shows that if I add a few more characters, it will print on the final line shaded gray.

Attachments

• NotRendered.PNG
    NotRendered.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
  • NotRenderedExtraText.PNG
    NotRenderedExtraText.PNG
    44.6 KB · Views: 65

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:57
I found this post in the newly added 'Unanswered Topics' link

The fact that nobody has replied after 10 days suggests that none of us can see an obvious answer to your problem.

Suggest you post a stripped down version of your db with the relevant report and other related items so that someone can look at it & hopefully find a solution

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry for delay in posting a stripped down version of db since I couldn't use the actual data for the original case and trying to figure out the right combination of letters to duplicate the results would be a challenge, decided to wait until I had a real example that would be acceptable to post without altering the original data. Came across a text string that was only 77 characters which only printed 69 of them while a 101 character string printed completely. I stripped out all the other forms, tables and code and tested. It seems to work without error, but if I was too aggressive in deleting objects, let me know.

To see the issue, after form loads, click on print preview button (right hand side of form) and look at Definition for Stage Fright. You will notice that the sentence ends with
speaking in
when it should end
speaking in public.
If you add character(s) or delete character(s) then the whole thing will be printed. Example - adding another space, or deleting the period, will display the whole thing.

Note: Please use the Form to edit the text. Do not edit the text in the table or the query as this will cause html tags to show up in the report.

In order to edit the text, in the drop downs choose:
Document Type: Glossary
Product Code: CSTROD17
Term: Stage Fright

Then in the Definition box, edit the text as desired. Click the Pencil icon when done to save it.

Click the Print Preview button (right side of form) to view the results.

Attachments

• QuestionTemplate_CutoffWords.accdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 63

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi

Am I right in assuming the attached is what its supposed to look like...

OK what I did to make it work was ...

Attachments

• SpeakinginPublic.PNG
    SpeakinginPublic.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 189

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Oh yes, in case you were wondering ....
I did absolutely nothing at all to get this to display properly
I opened it & ran the report!

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
So then the problem is at my end? I'll copy the file to another computer and see what happens.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
I tried opening the report on another computer and the report printed fine as you said it would. So short of asking if I could copy my files to their computer in order to print reports, any thoughts on how this might be corrected. I have tried compact/repair, decompile compile, etc. Could be driver or dll issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom