Convert report to form

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:23
I have 10 complex A10 reports which originated from forms which now need to be converted back to forms. The new header & detail section controls, control spacing, sizing, borders, top, height, width, etc. of the various controls are needed in forms.

I could save the various properties of each control in each report and create then in form controls, but that's a lot of pushups. The conversion from form to report was quite simple.

Right now, manual creation seems to way to go. :banghead:

Thank you in advance for your help.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:23
Use the clipboard to copy the whole section of controls from the report and paste them to the form.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:23
I copied and pasted the controls manual to the header and detail, then wrote a little subroutine to adjust 22 diferent control properties to meet my requirements. T

Thank you all for your various responses.

OCVazquez

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Hi, that sounds like just what I need. Would you mind sharing the code (subroutine) you used to convert? Thank you. Orlando:eek:

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately llkhoutx hasn't been on here for a few months.

Describe your situation. How much do you know about coding, especially Loops and Collections?

OCVazquez

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Some. ( a 5 out of 10) I want to convert reports to forms and this post suggested a good method. The last post suggested the use of a subroutine for the final step.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That would be a refinement to move the controls to where they wanted so they fit better on the form. The exact code would probably be quite specific for the situation.

Try the copy and paste step first and see how that looks. Depending on how many reports you need to convert it might be easier to do the last bit manually than write the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom