Windows 10, Access 2013 and Cortana (1 Viewer)

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:49
Well, I did it. I upgraded.
All in all I'm really please with Windows 10... except;

Nvidia cards don't like Windows 10 (at the moment) with dual Monitor setups as on occasions, without warning, both monitors go to sleep and you can't do a thing about it... Reboot, and hope it don't happen again especially when trying to write VBA (I understand is a fix is just around the corner).

Anyway, the reason for this thread is a discovery I made by pure accident, but it seemed to have done the trick with an issue I had whilst running two instances of Access ( I never had any issues before in Win8.1)

When opening up the first instance of Access, it took on average 2-3 seconds longer than in Win 8.1 before the Access logo appeared.
I didn't think much of it until I started to run the second instance of Access, which took on average over two minutes to load, with the first instance going into a "Not Responding" state (again, almost instantly in Win 8.1).

One thing I did notice when starting up the second instance was MS Edge was taking up 80% of CPU load, and over 600MB of memory even though it wasn't open.

What I discovered was, deactivating Cortana (which I really didn't need as my desktop doesn't have a Mic or Cam) made the system generally more stable (no more monitor shutdowns), and both instances of Access now appear instantly (I say Access, I also tried Excel 2013 with similar problems)

I'm just putting it out there in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I hope you don't as it's a real pain in the A**e!

wem3rd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
I am running win 10 and have experienced problems when extending the desktop. After multiple "flashes" and messed up icon organization on the desktop, I had to restore windows from the system image for Win 10 just stopped operating at 100%.
The restore worked and I have not extended the desktop since - thank you!

wem3rd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom