Poll: Did Russia Hack and control the US Election? (1 Viewer)

Did Russia Hack and Run the US Election? (select all that apply)

• But of course, Yes it was Russia

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hackers were Made In The USA! Credit where credit is due!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe some individuals from Russia or with Russian Accents

• We mere mortals can never know the truth

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It had to be some kind of Hacking

• It is just a very silly excuse for loosing

• It was Russia, but the Democrats wanted it to happen over Hillary Clinton winning

• Who Cares? Can we put this behind us and just raise the Debt again?

• Total voters

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 04:35
Did Russia control the US Election?

Actual News Story on May 31, 2017
DNC is Seeking a New Chief Tech Officer
Joke: The former H1-B Visa Tech Officer from Russia suddenly retired.

Explain the Joke: The DNC is the US Democrat party HQ. They blamed Russia for loosing the election.
H1-B is a huge US Lobby that both major political parties receive funds from. In return they officially claim there is a huge shortage of professional workers in the US. So, they provide government subsidies to the largest tech companies to move and hire workers from around the world... including Russia.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:35
Jeez...I am so glad I live abroad and only have to watch what "news" I choose to. British BBC is almost as bad but at least it isn't an insult to a person's intelligence...

Reactions: Rx_

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Probably, the poll should have had a option about the "Rise of The Machine". Maybe it is just some AI at work, covering its own tracks? No, that would never ever be possible.

I actually watch a some BBC news. Bloomberg Euro is interesting in that it covers many subjects that are absolutely never covered in the US version. It is worth getting up early for.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-up-to-40-per-cent-more-than-commercial-riva/
Interesting that BBC employees do get paid more than their counterparts.

In the US, the age of someone in the news media has hugely dropped
Since 2010, the revenue of average newspapers and other media have dropped year
Professional Journalist age has dropped to almost in half. The average age is going under 30. They are some what expected to just re-post the official news or they can be replaced.

Does this count as London News?
In London, there is Max Keiser https://www.rt.com/shows/keiser-report/
hosted on Russia Today. He use to be on New York 1, an independent TV station in New York City. These independent media outlets in the US are fading in numbers.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:35
Did Russia control the U.S. Election?

Hell, that was the most uncontrolled cluster-f*** I've seen in a long time. That wasn't controlled, that stuff just happened.

The thing is, I'm about half tempted to write a scholarly article about Brownian motion and a parallel with the directions in which the voters pushed. The idea that with that many Republican candidates available, Trump was the best? That was a joke. The only worse joke was that HRC was his opponent. She was so unsympathetic that she made DJT look good and that is an absolutely ASTOUNDING accomplishment.

Outstanding? No. Astounding? Yes.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Doc...say all that again and the truth shall set you free!

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
It was the first time a 3rd Party (not an independent) received 4+% of the votes in many decades. Neither of the Republicrats or Demopublicans can claim a majority. So, is Russia the whipping boy?
I think Whipping Boy came from England. If a young Prince did something wrong, someone needed to be punished. Since it couldn't be the Prince, they went out and drafted a Whipping Boy.
And those Brits never think we Yanks respected their traditions! :D

Old Meaning - Whipping Boy: a royal court would have kept a child for the purpose of beating him when the crown prince did wrong. That's just what did happen though. Whipping Boy was an established position at the English court during the Tudor and Stuart monarchies of the 15th and 16th centuries. This may not have been quite as bad as it sounds. The whipping boys weren't hapless street urchins living a life of torment, but high-born companions to the royal princes. They were educated with the princes and shared many of the privileges of royalty. The downside was that, if the prince did wrong, the whipping boy was punished. It was considered a form of punishment to the prince that someone he cared about was made to suffer.
Modern Meaning - Russia.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
When the walls...come crumpling down...

I just happen to be one of the 4%ers

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
While I don't see a path to it, I think the British system with its plethora of parties large enough to require formation of "coalition governments" is superior in effect to the USA system that has developed into two parties and a bunch of also-rans. I still prefer the details of the USA system but the polarization leads to bastardizing the system.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Re-visiting this one, former FBI Director Comey seems to think that a large part of the news barrage on this subject was "fake news" done in an attempt to spin the election away from DJT, and it is still reverberating. In essence, some of the left-leaning media were pushing on this to smear "the Donald" and now are finding that they have stepped in their own poop. Thus smearing their OWN credibility. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of twits.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Well Doc, this was an interesting article with the same kind of idea:
--------------
It must be wonderful being Vladimir Putin and being the most powerful person on earth. And not even have to say so yourself. The US Democratic Party is saying it for Putin along with the entirety of the Western presstitute media and the CIA and FBI also. The Russian media doesn't have to brag about Putin's power. Megyn Kelly, the Western presstitutes, and Western leaders are doing it for them: Putin is so powerful that he is able to place in office his choice for the President of the United States.

What power! Americans are simply out of the game. Americans, despite a massive intelligence budget and 16 separate intelligence services plus those of its NATO vassals, are no match whatsoever for Vladimir Putin.

What is the CIA for? What is the NSA for? What are the rest of them for? Americans would do better to close down these incompetent, but expensive, "intelligence services" and pay the money to Putin as a bribe not to select our president. Maybe the CIA should get down on its knees and beg Putin to stop electing the President of the United States. I mean, how humuliating. I can hardly stand it. I thought we are the "world's sole superpower, the uni-power, the exceptional, indispensable people." It turns out that we are a nothing people, ruled by the President of Russia.

When the Democrats, CIA, and media decided to launch their PR campaign against Trump, they didn't realize how inconsequential it would make the United States appear by putting American democracy into Putin's pocket. What were they thinking? They weren't. They were fixated on making sure Trump did not endanger the massive military/security complex budget by restoring normal relations with Russia.
------------------------- Reminds me of --------------
Song by Black Flag - 1980's -- from my punk days
Because: Breaking relations with Russia and upping the rhetoric
---------------------------------------------------------
Let's have a war,
So you can go and die,
Let's have a war,
We could all use the money,
Let's have a war,
We need the space,
Let's have a war,
Clean out this place

Let's have a war,
Jack up the Dow Jones,
Let's have a war,
It can start in New York City,
Let's have a war,
Blame it on the middle-class,
Let's have a war,
We're like rats in a cage

Let's have a war,
Sell the rights to the networks,
Let's have a war,
Let our wallets get fat like last time,
Let's have a war,
The enemy's within
----------------------------------------
I don't want to say that I am old and worn out.
But, I make sure I'm nowhere near the curb on Trash Day.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Technology - what has it done for the people lately?

Attachments

• WhatHasTechnologyDone.jpg
    WhatHasTechnologyDone.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Video 1 Oliver Stone - The Putin Interviews
Oliver Stone is known for his award-winning movies like "Platoon" and "Midnight Express." The filmmaker has interviewed controversial figures like Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. For his latest documentary, "The Putin Interviews," Stone was granted extensive access to the Russian president and no topic was off limits.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/oliver-stone-on-new-documentary-the-putin-interviews/
About 4 minutes. This is worth watching.
The one lady that said "that is a flat out lie" at the beginning is an embarrassment to the news profession.
The other staff at least back-peddled that statement to save the interview.

Video 2 Putin Warns America "has a false sense That It Can Do Anything Without Consequences"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...sense-it-can-do-anything-without-consequences

Part of the Oliver Stone Interview
Short Version: The US is to blame for the rise of Al-Qaeda and its late mastermind Osama bin Laden, which it empowered to fight Soviet troops in Afghanistan, adding that there is proof the CIA supported terrorists in Russia’s Chechnya.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...sense-it-can-do-anything-without-consequences

Video 3 Putin on Nuke War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGfPSz_rMcc&feature=youtu.be
For you old enough to experience "Doctor Strangelove" - evidently Putin read it!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A non issue. Pure political theater to cover Hillary's loss.
The US interferes in the political process of other countries, so those who are fomenting this lunacy have a mistaken sense of moral outrage. It is unfortunate that this is one of those stories that simply will not fade into oblivion.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It won't fade because HRC is still looking for unsuspecting victims to be thrown under the bus. She STILL cannot accept that she lost because she was a bad candidate.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:35
A non issue. Pure political theater to cover Hillary's loss.
The US interferes in the political process of other countries, so those who are fomenting this lunacy have a mistaken sense of moral outrage. It is unfortunate that this is one of those stories that simply will not fade into oblivion.
Nailed it! The same people who behind closed doors vote to over throw other countries political structures, now are outraged when foreign powers pull the same shenanigans.

Drones will backfire also.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
It won't fade because HRC is still looking for unsuspecting victims to be thrown under the bus. She STILL cannot accept that she lost because she was a bad candidate.
Politically it was a bad move by Republicans to have allowed a Special Consul to be appointed. The issue, to me, is not the veracity of the Special Consul, but the opening given to the Democrats to use this investigation as another launchpad for other baseless accusations. No matter what the Special Consul concludes, the Democrats will malicious twist the findings to assert that the investigation was somehow "deficient".

The Democrats have been calling for investigations of Republicans as the Democrats claim to seek the facts concerning possible collusion between the Republicans and Russians. Well, given the Democrats desire to uncover all facts, will the Democrats demand an investigation of whether the DNC and/or Sanders colluded with Mr. Hodgkinson in attacking Republicans?

It it is my understanding that Mr. Hodgkinson did work for Sanders as a volunteer. So if one plays those colluding games, there is a plausible nexus to investigate Mr. Hodgkinson connection to the Democrats.

I seriously doubt it, since the Democrats so-called quest for the facts is politically motivated to damage the Republicans and not actually meant to uncover the truth.

Last edited:

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
If they did it, they probably used Access to accomplish such task, definitely.

Reactions: Rx_

Horsehead

Registered User.
Local time
I think that where was something, that has involved russians. Maybe there was agreement between Trump and Putin. Or maybe Putin has caught Trump into some weird trap :D

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Thank God the CIA, DEA, and several other US agencies never ever even thought of trying to place a dictator or rig any election!
Ok, maybe the US put Castro in Cuba, but surely that was the only time.
Oh, and that guy in Nigeria, Central America, Panama, the Shaw of Iran, … and maybe a few (ahem... scores) more.
What were those photos of Democratic President Roosevelt making all those deals with Stalin? Took years to find out we gave Stalin the atomic bomb. Stalin seemed like a nice guy. Nobody ever heard anybody who complained about Stalin in the USSR. Even the newspaper over there had nothing but good things to say about Stalin.

A dozen Russians on a shoe string budget duped the majority of the US Citizens?
If it is true, why wouldn't the US government want to hire these guys?
or Why wouldn't a US media company want to hire these guys?
Think about it, not one US "intelligence" agency knew about this?
Maybe we just want to hire these guys to do our taxes!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The left, the media, and even some Republicans have gone rabidly insane over the Russian involvement in the US election process. They are all hypocrites. The US interferes in the politics of other countries, so those complaining about Russia have no ethical basis to complain. One can make the case that the "red scare" with the resulting anti-Russian mob rule hysteria has been resurrected. Like the old horror movies, breakout the pitchforks and torches and storm the castle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom