Access and VBA (1 Viewer)

rekhaaddula

Local time
Today, 14:16
Hi,

I am new to VBA coding which used in Ms access programming. I have Ms access(Ms access 2007) database which connects to Lotus notes database but when this database is migrated to Ms access 2016,the same application is unable to connect to LN database.

i have run in debug mode it threw error as "error 429: activex Component can't create object"(for statement "if ns is nothing then") in Ms Access 2016 environment.
Please kindly help.

Sample code is
Dim ns As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim doc As NotesDocument
Dim vw As NotesView

If ns Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Cannot open Lotus Notes client.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Error"
Exit Function
End If

Call ns.Initialize

Set db = ns.GetDatabase(Notes_GetServerName("Shipment Report"), Notes_GetDBName("Shipment Report"))
If db Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Cannot connect to the Lotus Notes Shipment Report db!" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
"Please check the Lotus Notes Settings.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Error"
Exit Function
Else
MsgBox db.Title
Exit Function
End If
If Not db.IsOpen = True Then
Call db.Open
End If

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:16
looks like you may be missing a library reference. Go back to your 2007 version, open vba and at the top click on Tools>References and see if there is a reference to Lotus Notes ticked.

If so, you will need to find and select the same in 2016.

rekhaaddula

Local time
looks like you may be missing a library reference. Go back to your 2007 version, open vba and at the top click on Tools>References and see if there is a reference to Lotus Notes ticked.

If so, you will need to find and select the same in 2016.

Hi CJ London,

I am very thankful for your quick response. I have checked References required for connections in both Access 2007 and access 2016.for your reference i attached the screenshot for you.I am not able to make out which is causing an error.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance
Rekha

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nothing attached to your post. As you have less than 10 posts, you need to zip the attached files

rekhaaddula

Local time
Hi all,
I am very thankful for your quick response. I have checked References required for connections in both Access 2007 and access 2016.for your reference i attached the screenshot for you.I am not able to make out which is causing an error.

View attachment Access_Reference.docx
Please help me.

Thanks in Advance
Rekha

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The references all look fine.
Perhaps no longer supported in Access 2016?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
or it may be your 2007 access is 32bit and the 2016 access 64bit? If so you need to either uninstall the 64bit version and reinstall as 32bit or go find a 64bit version of the library, if indeed one exists - you wil need to talk to Lotus if this is the case

rekhaaddula

Local time
or it may be your 2007 access is 32bit and the 2016 access 64bit? If so you need to either uninstall the 64bit version and reinstall as 32bit or go find a 64bit version of the library, if indeed one exists - you wil need to talk to Lotus if this is the case

Hi CJ London,

I am not sure to your question but i can say that Access 2007 application was running fine in windows 7 64 bit PC.

May i know how to check whether Ms access 2007 is 32 bit version or 64 bit version.
Please advice

Thanks
Rekha

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
May i know how to check whether Ms access 2007 is 32 bit version or 64 bit version
open access (or any office program) go to file>help and you will see an 'about' section - you will see version and bit there

the bit of windows is irrelevant - 64bit windows happily runs 32bit applications

rekhaaddula

Local time
open access (or any office program) go to file>help and you will see an 'about' section - you will see version and bit there

the bit of windows is irrelevant - 64bit windows happily runs 32bit applications

Hi CJ London,

Thanks alot which have resolved my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom