Trying to use a Cross Tab Query to build a sup report (1 Viewer)

dbaker5204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:59
I used a cross tab query for the main report as I was showing values month over month. I created a cross tab query with the Month to Date totals that I wanted to use as a sub report but I get an error that says "You cant use a pass-through query or a non-fixed column crosstab query as a record source for a subform or sub report".

Well the nature of the report does not permit me to used fixed columns. So I am wondering if there is another way to get this data to show the way I want it to. I included a screenshot of the report...if any other info is needed, let me know.

Attachments

• QA Report.jpg
    QA Report.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 121

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:59
fixed columns means to need to specify them - in the query window, click on properties and complete the column headings. You appear to be showing a full years worth of data so not sure why this is a problem.

However if they are truly not fixed, then you will need to use a dummy (fixed) column heading such as Mth1, Mth2 etc, then in your report have some code in the report open, load or format event to convert these to Jan, Feb, Mar etc

dbaker5204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:59
Is the area I am pointing to in the attachment the right area?

If so, when I type in "June", I get an error when I try to switch over to Datasheet view that says: "Scaling of decimal value resulted in data truncation"

Attachments

• Column Headings.jpg
    Column Headings.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 73

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:59
There is a sample of a report with variable headers on the FMSINC.com website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom