Outlook Automation (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
In multiple Outlook.com (Exchange) Calendars, on local Outlook.
Is there a way to propagate appointments that are rescheduled in Outlook back the the equivalent Access Record?

We're using the .Mileage field as a Foreign Key to create them in Access.

If anyone knows where I can find examples that would be great.

Thanks All.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:28
Try Helen Feddema's website and her Access Archon articles. Both should turn up via Google search.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:28
If .Mileage is a field in Outlook, I would imagine it not being a very good Foreign Key because it's probably not unique. Just thinking out loud...

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
If .Mileage is a field in Outlook, I would imagine it not being a very good Foreign Key because it's probably not unique. Just thinking out loud...

The primary key comes from Access and we use it to delete or reschedule Outlook Items which were created in Access.

It's useful to us because Users are not using it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
The primary key comes from Access and we use it to delete or reschedule Outlook Items which were created in Access.

It's useful to us because Users are not using it.
Hi. Since we can't see your setup, I can't help but slightly wonder. But if it's working, then that's good. Cheers!

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Hi. Since we can't see your setup, I can't help but slightly wonder. But if it's working, then that's good. Cheers!

Hey Db Guy, It works on a one way street from Access to Outlook. I'm trying to make it work the other way.

Patrick Wood has the answer. I just tested a module from his Appointments.accdb.

In every way he has this Calendar thing figured out.
I will need to contact him to see about using this code segment. On some of his code he has a release, on others he left out the release.

This module is one of those.

I tested this module by adding the Mileage field to a query he runs. it worked so all I have to do is look for changes to the Outlook records and update the Access Ones.

After I contact him I will provide some details of how this is done. It is seriously cool. I have a calendar in Access that mimic the ones in Outlook. It lets you push out Project Management task to phone calendars.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. That's excellent news! Good luck and please do let us know how it goes.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:28
Hi Thales750,

If you were thinking of posting any of your appointments database back here, I would be very interested in seeing this.

Especially if it works with multiple calendars as we use Outlook to schedule our team of installers and use Access database to quote the projects.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
The code I use came from Patrick Wood. Over the years I modified it to do exactly what you are wanting to do. I have permission to use it but not to share it on forums. Although, the parts that remain unchanged are basic to function and are probably public domain.

He is a Microsoft MVP and is a great source of knowledge.

Patrick Wood - Gaining Access Technologies
http://gainingaccess.net

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:28
Thanks Thales,

I might have to have a look at some of Patrick’s info. I’ve already created a form that look exactly like the one in Outlook for appointments and can save to outlook standard calendar using mileage field as the TaskID foreign key but need to handle with multiple shared calendars so sounds like this could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Microsoft has done a disservice to the Access Communities with their lack of available documentation of Office Automation.

I think Patrick must have had some exclusive contact with MS to be able to put this together.

Thankfully people like Patrick spent many months working all the bugs out of his extremely detailed automation of Outlook Calendars.

His contribution is up there with Allen Browne's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom