Question What's a good email client alternative to Microsoft Outlook? (1 Viewer)

Sofiella

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:22
I know Windows live is one alternative. I personally haven't used it.
I really like Outlook because it does quite a good job when it comes to setting up meetings. However i am interested in finding out if there are other good options out there. Have you guys tried out other different options? It would be interesting to here :)

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:22
Outlook IS good and you can control it via vb and interact with Word, or Excel.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:22
Outlook is better (in an Office environment) than any other package you're going to find because of the way it integrates with Windows Messaging and because of the way that Access integrates with it. Before looking at something else, I would look more deeply into what ELSE Outlook can do.

Is there some function that you really wanted to do but can't, when using Outlook?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Our organisation used Outlook for many years. One of the reasons they cited for leaving was in-house maintenance. If the organisation is large enough, archiving (space) and security becomes a challenge. So we switched to google, at first it was a shock to say the least. Now we feel its great.

We still use the full Microsoft Suite, just not Outlook or SharePoint.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:22
sending is pretty straightforward - but can you receive gmail into access?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm aware of them - but you have to pay:)

There are google api's to retrieve messages but I've not investigated them. But if you want email management alternatives to outlook, there are things like Thunderbird and Opera. But no idea if they can work with access.

@Sofiella - just google 'alternatives to Outlook' for a wide range of alternatives - then google them individually to get reviews and opinions - or look for the '10 best' review sites

Sofiella

Registered User.
Local time
Has anyone ever heard of an email client called Thunderbird?? I remember coming across it somewhere as an alternative.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thunderbird is part of the Mozilla suite of programs along with Firefox
However I've never used it.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:22
I use Thunderbird as an alternative to Outlook Express, because Outlook Express was discontinued after Windows XP.
Now Outlook Express is available again for all newer versions of windows including Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Sofiella

Registered User.
Local time
I was actually reading about Thunderbird yesterday. Yes it's true that it's an email client from Mozilla! It seems to have quite above average reviews. I think the fact that this email client can have its modules expanded is a good feature. I might actually end up trying it! Anyone who is interested in finding out other email client options should take a look at this article. The list features some names i was not familiar with. It might be worthwhile taking a look!

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
Has anyone ever heard of an email client called Thunderbird?? I remember coming across it somewhere as an alternative.

I've been using Thunderbird as my email program for about 10 years and I'm completely happy with it. However, your original question seemed to relate to the scheduling aspects, which I don't really use. That's why I didn't suggest ith when I saw the original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom