Flat Earth and Hollow Earth Theories (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 11:35
Are there any exponents of either of these trains of thought on this forum.

What is the basis of your Thoery that convinces you that it is more than just a theory?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I know that after a few beers the earth must be flat, as I can get home without any artificial aids, and never fall over.

If it was curved I wouldn't be able to cope.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:35
As viable an augment as any! We have a flat-earther at work and the conversations get pretty interesting.

The hollow-earth thing is a new one to me. Going to have to GDB...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:35
I don't know about a hollow Earth but in my college days, I WAS accused of having a hollow leg.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 04:35
The strange ones are the believers in chem-trails. They have this fixation that you can some how fly an aircraft miles up in the sky, traveling at hundreds of mile per hour, and release something into the exhaust that will land, falling as an aerosol, through multiple sets of cross winds, and hit a given neighborhood on the ground.

They don't accept that it would be easier to fire a handgun from 3 miles away aiming to hit a given window than what they are proposing.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But Mark_, you really CAN choose which neighborhood that will fall in. For instance, you can easily drop your aerosol from a jet onto a selected neighborhood, for example, Kansas. It's all a matter of scale, right?

Besides, you DO need the right kind of plane for that level of accuracy. Apparently Hollywood can find them easily enough for some of their action flicks so they must be around, right?
;)

Mark_

Local time
But Mark_, you really CAN choose which neighborhood that will fall in. For instance, you can easily drop your aerosol from a jet onto a selected neighborhood, for example, Kansas. It's all a matter of scale, right?

Scary thing is with an aerosol you could drop it at 30,000 ft and MISS Kansas... Helps explain how you get that spray on "Right Guard" to hit Antarctica.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 05:35
After at least 15, maybe 16, minutes of exhaustive research, I have determined that the chem-trails are actually a product of the Agartheans of Hollow Earth (who have secretly taken over most of the airline pilot jobs), and they are intended to destroy the Flat Earthers. Makes perfect sense to me. Time for another beer.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time

Mark_

Local time
Jack, I've proven EVERY ONE OF THEM wrong any time I've talked to them. I simply point out that cats haven't knocked us over the edge yet!

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
I haven't run into an actual Flat Earther (or at least if I have, they've avoided the subject, which is probably not likely... they seem to be of the "INEEDTOLETEVERYKNOWHOWMUCHOFAMORONIAM!" bunch), but I'm pretty sure that if I did, I wouldn't waste my breath on a word of the subject.

Orthodox Dave

Home Developer
Local time
Are there any exponents of either of these trains of thought on this forum.

The answer appears to be "No".

Or perhaps there is someone, but they daren't admit it on this forum!

Mark_

Local time
they seem to be of the "INEEDTOLETEVERYKNOWHOWMUCHOFAMORONIAM!" bunch

So they are celebrities pushing their particular belief/political agenda???

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
So they are celebrities pushing their particular belief/political agenda???

With the exception of GoT, I haven't watched TV in probably 10 or 15 years (prefer to read), nor do I listen to any popular music (jazz and classical mostly for me, of which I play drums and piano, respectively).

Therefore, I neither know nor really care much about celebrities. Doesn't seem to bother me that much :)

Mark_

Local time
Jack,

Do your musical tastes include swing? If so, I'd highly recommend Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

For the classics, I've a preference for pieces in the ilk of Firebird Suite.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
I'll listen to just about anything that comes from an actual musical instrument (sorry Techno) and isn't written by someone in a suit (sorry most modern chart hits).

BBVD: great music, my only critique would be that the singer could sound a tad less white (cool namesake for the band too!).

For classical, I like something with a bit more of an edge: Vivaldi's 4 Season as performed by Mari Samuelson in her early days - a bit rough around the edges in terms of technicalities, but an amazing amount of raw edge that it seems only the young can bring forth in her early records on youtube.

Lately I've been on an Avishai Cohen kick (his trio work, specifically). Excellent jazz standup bassist.

Good stuff

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Although there are electric organs / synths as well as Piano involved have a listen to Bill Laurence's own material , he's keyboard player for Snarky Puppy. Very immersive.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, I still play my electronic organ. It's a Technics F5, full console style, and it conforms to the MIDI standard (though I have not tried to do anything with that). There used to be some YouTube recordings from a fellow who played a Technics F5 but a lot of them have been pulled because he went commercial with them.

When I play, it is the old Broadway stuff, but I'll also do rock, ballads, and some light classical. As to "anything that comes from an actual musical instrument" - trust me, it is an actual musical instrument. My personal playing style is a mix of Earl Grant (whom I never met) and Eddie Baxter (whom I met more than once - nice guy). Both of them are gone now.

The only musical things I don't let in the house are angry "gangsta" rap; howlin' dawg country laments that induce dogs to sing along; and super heavy, beyond psychedelic, eardrum-bursting, clanging-guitar rock where you hope the guitar strings break before your bones do from the sound pressure. Otherwise, I'm fairly ecumenical in what I play on my own keyboards and what I play on the CD box.

When a synthesizer is involved, sometimes it can be fun. For instance, some of the classical realizations from Wendy Carlos (formerly known as Walter Carlos) are quite good. But Isao Tomita's work is hit-or-miss for me. Then again, I have to admit I rather liked the primitive electronic tonalities from Forbidden Planet back in the 1950s.

Looks like this thread diverged from the topic, though. I guess flat Earthers don't want to know about how earthquake resonance from the interior mantle proves that the Earth isn't flat. The frequencies are a bit low, but they are definitely "music of the spheres." Well... "music of the sphere." OK, music of the oblate spheroid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom