Immediate, Locals and Watch windows no longer visible (1 Viewer)

RS2112

Local time
Today, 00:51
Hi
Today suddenly, in the VBA IDE I can no longer view the Immediate Window, the Locals Window or the Watch window.
This is the case across Access, Excel and Word.

According to my Update history, yesterday my system was updated with the following
Security Update for Office 2010 (KB4022198) 64 bit edition
2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based systems (KB4343909)

Coincidence?

I've tried various things including a complete uninstall and re-install of Office 365 but still no luck.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

RS2112

Local time
Hi Minty

Not sure this is the same issue. as my problems only kicked in yesterday.
I did also have the same issue connecting to mapped network drives back in April as decribed in the link, but I've just had to map using ip address instead ever since.

The new problem relates to the VBA IDE after the latest - er - 'improvements', so for now I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same issue, or if it's just me.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm on a corporate version , with updates controlled by group policy;
Code:
Version Enterprise 10.0.15063 Build 15063
So I'm not best placed to comment I'm afraid, mine seems fine and I did have an update a few days ago.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
FWIW I have had the KB4343909 installed on the 15th and my IDE is still working, but then I am on 2007.

Hi
Today suddenly, in the VBA IDE I can no longer view the Immediate Window, the Locals Window or the Watch window.
This is the case across Access, Excel and Word.

According to my Update history, yesterday my system was updated with the following
Security Update for Office 2010 (KB4022198) 64 bit edition
2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based systems (KB4343909)

Coincidence?

I've tried various things including a complete uninstall and re-install of Office 365 but still no luck.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

RS2112

Local time
Thanks Gasman
I too had the KB4343909 installed on 15th, alongside Security Update for Office 2010 (KB4022198) 64 bit edition, so maybe that was the culprit.
However last night I performed a complete uninstall of Office - including using an office clean-up tool supplied by MS, so as to remove all traces - and then re-installed Office 365 from scratch. Same problem still persists.

Tks anyway

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'd be rolling back that office update and see if all is fixed. If so advise MS. That is what Ridders did for a problem he experienced.

Good luck anyway.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:51
Just out of curiosity...have you tried going to View, on the Ribbon, and clicking on Immediate, Locals and Watch Windows?

Linq ;0)>

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
Just out of curiosity...have you tried going to View, on the Ribbon, and clicking on Immediate, Locals and Watch Windows?

Linq ;0)>
All things being equal, the simplest explanation is probably the right one.
- Occam

Mark

RS2112

Local time
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve tried all the standard methods of seeing these windows. Ctrl G, View menu, and toolbar icons - none work for those three commands. The other items work as before, so it’s weird.
I have another clanky old laptop that I haven’t yet upgraded, so my next step will be to open VBA on that machine to ensure things are working properly first, and then install the new updates one at a time, and re-test after each one to see if I can re-create the issue.
Fingers crossed...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Check the Docking tab in the VBE. It's part of Tools...Options
Make sure that each of the missing items are ticked. Otherwise they may be 'off screen' so you won't see them.

RS2112

Local time
Finally - got 'em back!
All the 'missing items' were checked in the docking tab but for some reason had drifted off-piste, and were hiding well out of view.
By shrinking the main VBE Editor window I was able to see them lurking in the depths and drag them back into the usual area.

Thanks all for the tips and suggestions.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Excellent. I suggested docking as the issue as it's happened to me as well.

I've also experienced an issue where I've lost all the toolbars in the VBE.
I tried every shortcut I could think of to no avail but clicking Ctrl+T in the VBE had an unexpected effect...

In the end the solution was to disable tablet mode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom