Sub totals in a report (1 Viewer)

kdaymayday

Local time
Today, 00:59
I want to arrange my data so that it is sorted by month,
What is the Formula to make it sort by month, and the correct formula to put in design view in the detail or footer for the subtotals and totals?

MONTH
NAME SQUARE FEET SUM OWED

SUBTOTAL =(Subtotal[SQ FT]) =(Subtotal[Sum])

MONTH
NAME SQUARE FEE SUM OWED

SUBTOTAL =(Subtotal[SQ FT]) =(Subtotal[Sum])

GRAND TOTAL =(Sum[SQ FT]) =Sum[Sum])

Please tell me what the correct way to program this in an Access report. :banghead:

Last edited:

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 08:59
hi and welcome

These 2 issues are asked quite regularly, if you have a quick search in the forum you will see lots of answers. However it can sometimes be a little daunting to know which applies to you. So, sorting by month is easily achieved by using the report wizard. When you select a date field to GroupBy, you can also choose how it groups it (Day, Week, Month etc). Run the report wizard and see what it returns.

The second part, summing in a report, is nicley answered here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/summing-in-reports-HA001122444.aspx

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:59
To sort by month, you can use the Month() function. Create a field in your query (i.e. the report's Record Source) and write Month(DateField), where DateField is the name of your date field. Then sort using this field in your report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom