Question Need help with error tracking database (1 Viewer)

kheekhay15

Local time
Today, 19:52
Hi,

I'm currently making a database for error tracking for encoding in a laboratory. I have a question though: This is what happens in the laboratory. When a specimen is received, it is assigned a certain number in another database and all details of that specimen are then encoded. The purpose of the database I'm about to make is to track when and where the encoder made a mistake. One encoder would get a hundred specimens to be encoded and the specimens are in order, eg. 1-100 belongs to encoder 1. This is listed in a log book.

Is there any simple way where the specimens from 1 to 100 are assigned to a name and later, when they find an error in the encoding they can just type the patient number and then the name of the encoder will just pop out. They will just check the error of the encoder and it is now logged in the database.

Here's a diagram of what I mean:
Specimen arrives -> Encoder gets a hundred specimens to be encoded-> Specimen numbers are logged under the encoder’s name in a logbook-> encoding starts ->checking of errors at the end of the day using a summary checklist -> Encoding/tracking of errors

The problem is, when a patient is checked on the summary, they have to manually counter-check at the logbook who encoded the patient by searching for the specimen’s assigned number manually. What I wanted to do was that the encoder will just type in the specimens number in a textbox and the encoder’s name will just pop-out in another box so they don’t have to look for it manually.

I know this may sound confusing but I hope somebody out there would be on the same page with me.

Thank you for your time.

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 12:52
On the AfterUpdate event of the first text box, use the DLookup function e.g.

If the two text boxes are called Text1 and Text2 and the

Me.Text2 = DLookup("[YourFieldName]", "YourTableName", "[YourConditionalFieldName] ='" & Me.Text1 & "'")

Remove the single quotes if the value in [YourConditionalFieldName] is a number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom