Hello every one (1 Viewer)

Digle

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:14
I have been using Microsoft access 2007 for the last 8 years. I have developed different databases using access 2007. Know I would like more than 6 users to access a database. I know how to split the database into FE and BE. and I did it. From there I don't know what to do. Could you help me what to do next and things I require to make this happen?

Thanks you in advance

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 12:44
How do you know there is something else to do? Is there something not working, and if so, what?

Digle

Local time
Thank you! I would like to give me hints where to store the BackEnd Database in order every one having the front end can access it and use the database.
Is this clear?

rvsebi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
1.use a server make a share with rights only for those users who have front-end and put your back-end there
2.if no server use one computer from your network to make that share
3. or use a device named NAS (Network Attached Storage) to store your back-end,for example i use this NAS Western Digital My Cloud EX2. google about NAS

Digle

Local time
rvsebi Thank you, very much for your comment and hints. I am really grateful to you people.

marlan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:44
Hi,

Most important! Have a FE on each work-station. If FE is simultaneously opened from the network by more than one user, it may cause file corruption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom