Load attachments via VBA (1 Viewer)

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:58
No not yet.

If it's set to Continuous Forms then you can't have the pictures showing horizontally or vertically per record. You can however have it show up in the Footer section of the form. Play around with the setting and see the difference.

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
No not yet.

If it's set to Continuous Forms then you can't have the pictures showing horizontally or vertically per record. You can however have it show up in the Footer section of the form. Play around with the setting and see the difference.

And if i change the default view? I change to single form and looks like that anithing changed. Could change without unexpected actions the default view?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
If you're worried about what would happen when changing something, create a backup of it and make the change on the backup. And you will only notice the difference if you have more than 1 record.

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
If you're worried about what would happen when changing something, create a backup of it and make the change on the backup. And you will only notice the difference if you have more than 1 record.
I already have more than one and i try save the record and nothing weird or different had happened. I think it can be single form no problem.
How can i make the attachments to show up horizontal? When i double click in the attachment is possible to maximize the windows for easier visualization? When you get married im gonna have to give you a gift for your precious help:rolleyes:

Open this database instead because i made a few changes because of error handlers. This is the new url: http://www.megafileupload.com/d93p/SOCAR_TERÇA_30_06_12_00.accdb

On the code for the photos you sent me i notice an error when filedialog opens and you choose CANCEL it gives me a error saying the "THE OBJECT OR VARIABLE OF BLOC "WITH" WAS NOT DEFINED"
I upload a picture where so you can see the VBA console when error hapens....
Well update!!! i inserted the line before the error and got solved "On Error Resume Next"

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Depends if you want to keep working with the attachment field or do it properly by saving the path?

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
Depends if you want to keep working with the attachment field or do it properly by saving the path?
I can work with path if we define the database to automatic move the files to the pre determined path.
If you think its better i trust you, because i think that when the database have 80.000 parts if the photos are attachments could become very slow or unresponsive.
Its possible to the access to rename and move the file prior of his path being added?

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
When matte im going out of the enterprise and go home continue working on the database.
Tomorrow we continue talking about it, if you get a chance take a look on the project already made so you can tell me things to change.
Thanks for support

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Just copy and paste the images to the fixed location and we can work on the code that will look in that folder. You don't need code to move images from one location to another.

Till tomorrow then ;)

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
Just copy and paste the images to the fixed location and we can work on the code that will look in that folder. You don't need code to move images from one location to another.

Till tomorrow then ;)

Ter reassina for moving files os that i take of a part. and Then i need to insert the memory Card. IN the computer. I would prefer that filedialog opens on h: leter of memory Card. And copy to the externam drive and not have to rename ir move outside of ms access

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Can you rephrase all of what you just said? I didn't understand any of it.

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
Well the auto correction on iphone is sh*t:eek:, that why you didnt understand.
Lets rephrase
The reason for moving files is that i take a picture of a part and Then i need to insert the memory Card in the computer. I would prefer that filedialog opens on h: letter of memory Card. And copy to the external drive and not have to rename it move outside of ms access, and then add the path of the file (allready moved for a safe location on the external drive
Otherwise i will do it via win explorer but i would prefer do it inside ms access.

Maybe this code will help you out figure how to move and rename the files prior of add the path to ms access.
What do you think?
Maybe this will help you make the change: http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s3/win026.htm

Maybe this will help too:

http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/953315-copy-rename-photos-camera-directory

http://www.techbookreport.com/tutorials/fso1.html

I posted the question in another website and this is the answer that i have so far.
http://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/962918-multi-attachements#post3793502

Well im not gonna attach files to database as you said, i guess that i will regret if i dont do it latter because ms access have to respond in fairly quick time. Im gonna just add the path but first i would need the move and rename done. Can you help me out with that? I allmost didnt sleep last night trying figure out how to do it.

Last edited:

freddykat

Registered User.
Local time
Do you get a chance of looking at my project?
Im really stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom