Attendance Sheet Format (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:02
@Gasman
I use separate buttons for all present/all absent/all on visit to make it as simple as possible for the end user.
So if just one student is absent, they can mark all present then modify the one exception

@vaguesoul
Assuming your attendance mark controls are bound, your update query/sql needs to update the table values ...not the form controls!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, I noticed that and I thought the the O/P was actually using your form.:confused:
The O/P mentioned a 1000 students?, so I think not enough thought has gone into this at the moment.

I was just thinking 4 buttons would take a fair bit of real estate?, but admittedly easier to program as long as another status does not rear its ugly head. :D

@Gasman
I use separate buttons for all present/all absent/all on visit to make it as simple as possible for the end user.
So if just one student is absent, they can mark all present then modify the one exception

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
at the moment we don't know whether the OP is using his original design or one based on Colins system. All we know is

i have achieved it by using the append query and storing the data in another table named attendance log. and then created report based on that table.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
at the moment we don't know whether the OP is using his original design or one based on Colins system. All we know is

I am attaching two images of my form and also written some requirements on those images.

The mark all button on the form is marking all the stuent present and saving in Attendance log tble. But my requirement is still the same that i want a button on the form that can change the status of all the comboboxes that are being displayed on the form to a specific value.

Because if a random number of students are absent from different section then how can the end user mark them absent when the mark all query is marking everyone as present. So there should be a button on the form that can change the values of all comboboxes present and then the end user manually change those absent students and click on mark attendance button.

I hope that my explanation and attached images will clear the point what i am trying to tell :)

Attachments

• attendance-form-design.png
    attendance-form-design.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 121
  • form-requirement.jpg
    form-requirement.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 115

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You will need to requery your form after you have applied any update?, to be able to see the changes on the form.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
You will need to requery your form after you have applied any update?, to be able to see the changes on the form.

i need a button that can chage the comboBox value to Present before the user can mark the attendance

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
[SOLVED]: Attendance Sheet Format

finally i figured it out. here is the code that worked for me.

Code:
Private Sub present_Click()
            DoCmd.SetWarnings False
            DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE dbo_adm SET dbo_adm.attype = 'Present'"
            DoCmd.SetWarnings True
            Me.Requery
End Sub

Either i was not getting it or the experts are unable to define it in simple words to me.:p its a request to all respected expert, make your answer simple as novice like me find it difficult to understand expert terms :) thanks all for your help

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If you look at Ridders form, it presents students by Class and session?
At present you are setting it for ALL students, and you initially gave the number of 1000, so I would have expected you to break them down into some sort of group structure as Ridders has done?

Any way good luck with the rest of it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Re: [SOLVED]: Attendance Sheet Format

Either i was not getting it or the experts are unable to define it in simple words to me.:p its a request to all respected expert, make your answer simple as novice like me find it difficult to understand expert terms :) thanks all for your help

We do try! Sometimes its difficult for us to understand exactly what the OP is asking ...which can make it difficult to target the answers precisely to meet your needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom