Hi Guys

I have two issues with my accounting form

Main Form = frmJounralEntry
sub Form = frmJounralEntrySub

[TransactionNo] = Number
Form Control Source = QryJournalEntry
[TransactionID] = autonumber PK tblTransactions

1. Show All records:
on main form i have check box and the fields on main form and sub form coming from same QryJounralEntry with same data type and no's now what i want is when i select the check box it should show me all records in tblTransactions or query in subform.

2. Get fields control:
On main form i have subform placed that filter records based on [TransactionNo] and it is coming from QryJounralEntry and sub form format is datasheet so when i select or place my control to any of sub form's row my main form should get that fields filled with that row data to modify.

I force query to run and show records only for the value selected in [TransactionNo] on main form so, that should be work also.

I have attached the database.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Test1.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 45

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Greetings MBA_110,

The DB you attached has a few issues. First and foremost is your table structure. Second and almost as important is your Forms. Your main Form and your subform are link by the same field from the same table.

I THINK I know what you are trying to do, but rather than me guess, can you explain in just plain English (channeling my inner JDraw!) what it is you are trying to accomplish?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 03:26
NauticalGent,

O/P is moving on to another language and giving up on Access & VBA.

See Post #8 https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=303292

Greetings MBA_110,

The DB you attached has a few issues. First and foremost is your table structure. Second and almost as important is your Forms. Your main Form and your subform are link by the same field from the same table.

I THINK I know what you are trying to do, but rather than me guess, can you explain in just plain English (channeling my inner JDraw!) what it is you are trying to accomplish?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Thanks Gasman,

I was wondering why nobody had engaged!

mba_110

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
I have not given up on access, its my foundation in learning sql and database management also its do rewarded me a lot to understand the basic needs and structure of making any database with sql.

also i am still here, as everybody knows access have limited compatibility in new features with other advance languages, it is normal that people do intent to go with advance features access is good for beginners.

I am sorry but it was wrongly pronounced as "I am giving up" dont know on what :confused:

You can still answer my queries, i have attached the revised db.

Two tables as you can see one for entries and another for transactions selected entry should change transaction list that associated to that entry in subform which is under main form.

Attachments

• Test1.zip
    105.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 03:26
I have decided to leave access and vba and will learn python to develop the desktop application with full resources which access and vba are not able to provide.

Sorry, I misunderstood your statement

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom