Question Database Recovery Failure.. Please Help ...URGENT !! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anillrde

Anil PB
Local time
Today, 16:13
Hi all,

We have a Customer Database that is replaced accidenly with a previous backup. The original MDB file(MData.MDB) was 49MB and the replaced one is 12 days older. We are able to recover the previous file using FAT32 recovery s/w. But that gives a file of size 25MB only, and while opening that file, the following error message comes.

"Unrecognized database format, Database cannot be repaired or it is not a microsoft access database file."

Please help me as early as possible, as its customer database and we need to get back to them urgently....

1) Is there any method to recover the original database ? IF yes, please suggest.
2) Is there any possibility to read / open the recovered database file(25MB) and take the available data?
3) If any other solution comes in your mind, Please share it..

Thanks for attending .....

Anil, Bangalore.
email : anillrde@gmail.com

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 11:43
Was the database split BE-FE? If so Which one is corrupt

anillrde

Anil PB
Local time
Today, 16:13
No, we have copied old database file into new one by mistake. Its 2003 version. while trying to recover old mdb file, we got a half sized Mdb n the same is unable to open n giving the above mentioned error.

jon_R

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:43
If any MS Access user is facing corruption in its database file, he/she must try these easy solutions:
  1. Compact and Repair utility, a built-in repair in MS Access program.
  2. JetComp.exe, freeware utility provided by Microsoft.
  3. Import corrupt database into a new database.

abhisheksachdeva

Registered User.
Local time
I would suggest you to try JetComp.exe, freeware utility provided by Microsoft..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:43
To our new users, you often have much to contribute and we know that - but look in the dark horizontal bar that is the divider between posts to see the date of the post. You might see that the problem is a bit old. One of the strategies we learn here is that an old post probably needs less attention than the newer posts.

Yet in the same post, I thank our user abhisheksachdeva for trying to be helpful.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Doc,
I think they were just to get a post count?
All posted within 2 or 3 minutes of each other?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:43
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade for trying to be helpful. But you could be right.

abhisheksachdeva

Registered User.
Local time
Doc,
I think they were just to get a post count?
All posted within 2 or 3 minutes of each other?

Hello Dear,

You are right, i'm posting 4-5 posts within few minutes because I don't have much time to manage this community. I already handle many forums like Social Technet (Microsoft), Office 365 User Voice & so on. That's why my schedule is too busy.

Sorry if i'm violating any rule of this community.

abhisheksachdeva

Registered User.
Local time
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade for trying to be helpful. But you could be right.

Thanks a lot Admin.

I'm trying to answer every question because if user search any query on Google then they will easily get answer on our community. It's very useful for this community as well.

I'm also handle Social Technet (Microsoft) profile. You can check my answer and I won 7 bronze medals & 120 points in it.

You can check my profile here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/abhishek%20sachdeva/

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Surely they will find the post via Google without all your posts?

There is barely 2 minutes between your posts, so it appears it is all about quantity not quality, which is not what this site is about? :banghead:

It also does not need to raise needless posts to get further up in the search engines output.

Why not sit back, take time to read the threads and post a helpful post to current issues, and leave the old ones alone, instead of resurrecting them with what I consider garbage?

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks a lot Admin.

I'm trying to answer every question because if user search any query on Google then they will easily get answer on our community. It's very useful for this community as well.

I'm also handle Social Technet (Microsoft) profile. You can check my answer and I won 7 bronze medals & 120 points in it.

You can check my profile here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/abhishek%20sachdeva/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom