Creating subreports (1 Viewer)

jonobugs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:54
I'm trying to create a report that contains data from a table but I want to include different records for the same userID.

I created a subreport to display some marks, linked the userID fields and it seems to work, but I also want to be able to format it in a specific way as it creates a long column

In the report, I want to display something like this:

Code:
2016      2017
  6         8
  6         7
  8         9
  8         7
  5         6
  9         9

However, it shows up in one long column like this:

Code:

I'm not sure where to start with this. The first bit of data is the year. I'm comparing the previous year to the current year. The data is from one table, but I'm also including data from other tables within the report.

DETAILS:
The report is a student evaluation file and the numbers represent marks. I was asked to include the previous years marks on the report, so I included those, but I'm not really sure how to put the data into two columns. Should I be creating another subreport and filtering out based on the year? If so, could someone direct me on how I go about doing that.

Or, perhaps subreports are not the way to go. It was pretty easy to just insert the current year without resorting to subreports, but I wasn't sure how to include a previous year as it is technically a different record.

Thanks a lot!

jonobugs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:54
I think I may have solved it. I created two subReport queries and then filtered out the results by year. I then just placed each subReport in separate columns and that seems to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom