Database on Web? (1 Viewer)

samsul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:12
hello all, can any body help me about accessing back end database from web or internet, I want to make my aplication can be accessed by using internet connection, thank you so much

frank00

Local time
yeah sure you can use your database back end .. And yeah you can use it by oaccess it by using your internet...

samsul

Registered User.
Local time
thank you frank, but how,

can you tell me step by step in orther that I can do it?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:12
Do you want to Access the back end by downloading it to your hard drive or do you want to use the actual Back End that resides on the web.

There is an important difference.

samsul

Registered User.
Local time
I want my client can access by using my access application (front end database) and the back end database in our central office eventhough they are so far from our central office,

so what I have to do?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:12
I want my client can access by using my access application (front end database) and the back end database in our central office eventhough they are so far from our central office,

so what I have to do?

This is really a problem for your IT people. You cannot treat a File on a Web Server as just another Drive on your PC.

Both the Front End and the Back End will need to reside on the server and then you could use a Product like Terminal Server or Citrix to access them.

Maybe you can find a Host that supports Access but I do not know of one. This type of thing is usually done with a Front End using something like PHP and the Back End is usually MySQL

Someone else may have an idea but I know of nothing. As I said in the beginning it is a job for the network guys.

samsul

Registered User.
Local time
thank you so much, so, I have to learn about PHP or other application can be used as my front end application....

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom