Xtra-PC (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 08:12
Anybody know anything about Xtra-PC drive is it on the level or a scam? Anybody got one?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Amazon Reviews don't look good:-

Just a Guy
1.0 out of 5 starsDO NOT BE SUCKERED INTO BY THIS... FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.
December 3, 2017
If there was a way to give an item a (-) or less than 1 I'd give it to this item, never again will I go off and buy something without reading the reviews or letting them sway me with their youtube informercials. This thing does not do what it says it does, when I watched their demo, it says it will bring all you had from windows over, well, it didn't bring any of my files or apps that I originally purchased this thing for so I could use. What a scam, I know they won't take returnes, but there's gotta be a way to get these clowns shut down or get the customers refunded for this crap.
137 people found this helpful
Helpful
7 comments Report abuse
Leon R. Wilson
1.0 out of 5 starsI was very disappointed with this
September 14, 2017
Verified Purchase
I was very disappointed with this. I thought it would restore my computer to "like new" but all it did was to write over my programs and install something I really didn't want. I find this product to be very unsatisfactory and would not recommend it to anyone.
116 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse
Honest Reader
1.0 out of 5 starsI bought originally Xtra-PC Pro but couldn't install; tried ...
July 7, 2017
Verified Purchase
I bought originally Xtra-PC Pro but couldn't install; tried all options on 2 PC's, couldn't install. No Customer Service to help; no phone number to speak with A PERSON. Asked by email to call me back, nobody called. Somebody emailed back, answered that I would need to follow instructions. Really? I explained in my email what was happening and that I must have talked with a representative in Customer Service. I thought that possibly Xtra-PC Pro was "too strong" so I ordered 16gb version; received it and tried to install. Alas, the same result. I returned both. Definitely not as advertised.
99 people found this helpful
Helpful
2 comments Report abuse
Larry Hollis
1.0 out of 5 starsOne Star
September 1, 2017
Verified Purchase
my computer runs faster, but I can't find out how to access my drives or software
86 people found this helpful
Helpful
5 comments Report abuse
Har.en Jones
1.0 out of 5 starsNot Worth The Money
March 26, 2017
Verified Purchase
It did not work from the start. Very disappointed,.
72 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse
Carl Sheran
2.0 out of 5 starsNot a good investment for most folks.
February 1, 2018
Disappointed. Hype would have you believe you were getting something to help improve your existing Windows operating system performance. In reality you get nothing of the sort. What you do get is an alternate operating system that uses the the computer hardware as a host for its own Linnux based offering. Your can use it to access pictures, documents, etc, and includes a Linnux version of Microsoft Office. It does not allow you to access and run existing programs already installed under whatever old Operating System the computer had originally so don't get your hopes up.

But, if you have an old computer kicking around and want to explore the world of Linnux, go for it. It is open source software and who knows you may learn something.and discover how it can do more than currently offered. For most folks its a waste of money.
69 people found this helpful
Helpful
2 comments Report abuse
Mare
1.0 out of 5 starsProblem with Apple products?
March 13, 2017
Verified Purchase
Could not get this to work on my iMac
63 people found this helpful
Helpful
3 comments Report abuse
jsebas
1.0 out of 5 starswaste of money
September 6, 2017
Verified Purchase
useless, tried to boot up 4 different computers, 3 pc's and 1 laptop and not one was able to boot up from this USB stick.. what a waste of money
69 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse
Andrea
1.0 out of 5 starsYou can get this and more for FREE (plus a the cost of a thumb drive)
September 6, 2018
This is Linux. It is also a live boot from portable version with persistence enabled. Your Windows programs will NOT run on this with the small exception of using WINE. That will run SOME of your windows software, but definitely not all of them. Another fun note, you can actually do this yourself for FREE. Linux is FREE and open source. There are many versions that are tailored to run on old hardware--older than your Windows 7 laptop certainly. There are also versions tailored to run on higher-end hardware with all sorts of fanciness in the operating system. Best yet, these are all 100% FREE and will cost you NOTHING except the price of a thumb drive or a DVD to burn it on.
If you are looking for a rescue utility, then look into the many Linux versions (and even some windows based ones) that are already set up. All you have to do is put them on a bootable usb or on a dvd/cd. The site you download them from will have plenty of instructions on how to make a usb drive bootable. It's really quite easy and you don't have to be 'computer literate' to do it.
25 people found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Gilbert Gonzaga
3.0 out of 5 starsThree Stars
July 28, 2017
Verified Purchase
I really can't tell the difference
32 people found this helpful
Helpful
1 comment Report abuse

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
It's essentially just a portable OS, not Windows, that let's you access the web and your files, but not really anything more. You can create your own bootable USB drive with recovery tools and basic web functionality for a fraction of the cost using free tools. This isn't worth anything at all.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
It's essentially just a portable OS, not Windows, that let's you access the web and your files, but not really anything more. You can create your own bootable USB drive with recovery tools and basic web functionality for a fraction of the cost using free tools. This isn't worth anything at all.

Yes, and since posting the question I have heard a lot worse.

The reason I asked in the first place is I have two dead lap tops that won't boot at all. One of them just beeps. I guess I will just trash them.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time

VassAgo,
Check you PM, I need an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom