Hello (Access) World! (1 Viewer)

Big E

Diamond Supporter
Local time
Today, 10:17
Hello from the East Coast of 'Merica! Just wanted to drop a quick note saying "hi!" and offer an introduction of myself.

Been an avid follower of Access World for several years now, and finally decided to join. While I am not an expert, by any stretch of the imagination, vis-a-vis programming in Access and have no formal database training, I can get by now ;-) Over the years, while working on various (and increasingly complicated) database projects, I have stalked some of the finest Access minds out there...theDBguy, pbaldy, Minty, boblarson, gemma-the-husky...just to name a few of the more influential gurus during my informal Access education. Seriously, you all have helped me more than you could possibly know. So, allow me to finally say, "thank you!"

Started working with Access at version 2007, and now am using 2013 (at work) and 2016 at home. Most of my serious work, though, has been with 2013 and 2016.

Anyway, as my Access aspirations grow so do the levels of maddening confusion I often find myself in. While I generally try to search as much as I can before asking for help, I figured if one has to admit defeat at the hands of M$, this is the best place to do it.

See you around the threads!

~Eric

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Welcome Eric! Not sure why this post was moderated.

Big E

Diamond Supporter
Local time
Probably because I'm a wino, and you're the moderator! :p

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ha! I'm a moderator that's a wino, not the moderator of winos. :p

Big E

Diamond Supporter
Local time
I knew I joined the right place...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Eric. Welcome to the forum!

Big E

Diamond Supporter
Local time
Thanks, DB. And again, I sincerely appreciate all the help you've unwittingly provided over the years via these threads.

Looking forward to really maximizing the incredible brain trust on this site...

~Eric

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:17
Welcome, Eric. Glad you chose to finally take the plunge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom