Hello All (1 Viewer)

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
Hello All Dan from Vermont here. Semi new to Access. I am still an a novice to it and hit many bricks walls.

Hobbies: Gaming, FPS mainly and a few MMOs. Also love the outdoors playing soccer and such games.

Thank you

Carol_Berlin

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
first person shooting and massively multiplayer online games. First time I ve heard that as well

Thats a world I don't know.

Carol

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
LOL thanks Carol.

Yes they are vid games mainly Battlefield 3 and Guildwars 2. Have to balance the learning with fun. Great stress relievers after trying to figure out how to make access work. LOL :banghead:

Carol_Berlin

Registered User.
Local time
Ah, thanx. I moan at users and sort my papers when I get a programmer's block ;-)

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
Carol what do you do? Program for a living? Or are you a teacher.

Carol_Berlin

Registered User.
Local time
Both. I have been teaching people to use computers, write programs, manage projects, plan offices etc, speak English, do bookkeeping, business maths, write training manuals and other bits and pieces since 1984. Not to mention to use Corel Draw, one of my favourites.

I have programmed about fifty very complex vba Word templates and hundreds of little ones for various purposes. And created hundreds of Excel calculation applications, Access databases and so on since Word etc. 5.0 for DOS. I was a trainer, then self employed for 12 years before I was assimilated by a German government office.

So am a mummified bilingual expert in Office and VBA things. You may call me Queen Tut. Or Sir. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:44
LOL thanks Carol.

Yes they are vid games mainly Battlefield 3 and Guildwars 2. Have to balance the learning with fun. Great stress relievers after trying to figure out how to make access work. LOL :banghead:

Ah yes, the American favourite. War, killing and shooting people.

It must be like a religion to Americans.

Col

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
No not really. Games are a good way to let out stress after a long day off work. The problem for games is that no one takes time to explain to the younger kids that it is not real. At the moment America has a very negative reputation but all you need to do is look through history to see that all modern societies have engaged in so kind of violence. If it is a type of religion it applies to all Western Nations.

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
King Tut that is wayyyyy impressive. Me I am a novice if you can call me that in Access. Been dabbling with it but seem to over think things and get ahead of my self. I am more of a hardware person, build and take apart computers.

Carol_Berlin

Registered User.
Local time
LOL, thanx Grendel.
I get a strong feeling of contentment when I ve modelled a database that is complex enough to give me what I/we want to know. If I can help you, fine. And I ll come crawling about hardware. :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:44
No not really. Games are a good way to let out stress after a long day off work.

Interesting that your day off appears to lead to more stress, bet you can't wait to get back to work for a rest.

Good job you have war and killing to get you through.

Col

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
Carol anytime let me know if you need help with hardware side....or with anything else..more than happy to help in any way.

Carol_Berlin

Registered User.
Local time
Haha, if you get a parcel from Germany, duck. :)

My poxy laptop seems to have a mummy board problem which I won't go into here, otherwise we ll get our fingers smacked.

Am off to work now. All the best from Berlin,

Carol

grendelalpha

Registered User.
Local time
Hit me up on private PM if this forum has one...I can help you out best I can.. That is awesome you are Germany...cool I have many a friends there. I was there a few years ago...it was a fun trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom