Access database no longer working (1 Viewer)

bvoight66

Local time
Today, 08:20
While "finishing off" my database, I chose options from the file menu.

File Menu -> options -> Current database -> Application options and chose one of my forms for the Display Form: field.

Upon hitting OK, Access immediately shut down and now just gives me the "Access has stopped working" message when trying to open the database.

Can I get my database back? How?

--I was trying to set it up so that when opening the database, a specific form would open. Any ideas on that too?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 06:20
Press the shift key, hold it down, start access, keep the shift key down until Access opens. This will bypass any custom startup options like the default form.

My bet is that the form you selected as the startup form crashes Access. Try and open that form on its own. Try and remove that form as the Startup form. Etc...

bvoight66

Local time
Today, 08:20
Thanks, your tip worked so that I could open Access, get back to faulty setting and make the change. I can now open the database and access all tables, queries, etc..

However, when trying to open the same navigation form, Access crashes.

any ideas?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 06:20
Well, like that form running when you start Access, what code runs when you open that form? Can you open that form in design view? Can you view the code behind the form? Set breakpoints in the code and see if you can find the line that crashes.

Sometimes a form gets corrupted. So then, make a new form and copy all your controls from the old form's design surface to the new form. Copy all your code to the new form. Re-create other properties of the old form, like is it a popup? Set its RecordSource, and so on. Now, open the new form. Does it crash Access?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom