Hide Query Results (1 Viewer)

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:59
I have a query that looks for previous entries and then makes updates to a table. Is there a way to keep the query result window from showing but still use the results? This will eventually be a user interface and I don't want them to see the window.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:59
Hi. You don't have to open a query to use its results. Try it and let us know if it doesn't work.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 09:59
I have a query that looks for previous entries and then makes updates to a table.

Why? This sounds like you've set up your database incorrectly. You don't store calculated values in a table, instead you calculate them in a query and reference the query when you need that value.

Why are you storing that value?

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You don't have to open a query to use its results. Try it and let us know if it doesn't work.

AS always thank you for your reply. As it turns out while trying to figure this out, that query is no longer needed because of other functions I have created in the database. I appreciate your help!

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
Why? This sounds like you've set up your database incorrectly. You don't store calculated values in a table, instead you calculate them in a query and reference the query when you need that value.

Why are you storing that value?

I'm not storing the value, but thank you for your insight. This query became redundant as I continued to build so I just do not have to use it. Thank you very much for your help!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:59
AS always thank you for your reply. As it turns out while trying to figure this out, that query is no longer needed because of other functions I have created in the database. I appreciate your help!
Hi. You're welcome. We're all happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom