Excel 2007: Checkbox?? (1 Viewer)

michaeljohannes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:50
Dear Excel Gurus,

I'm partially embarrassed to ask such a basic question, but I need help with checkboxes.

How do you create a checkbox in Excel 2007? Microsoft has changed the formatting menus so much, I am totally lost. It's not the way it used to be "view | toolbars --> forms" in previous versions of Excel.

If you have Excel 2007 and know how to use this feature, can you help me create a checkbox? It's for a simple checklist spreadsheet.

Best,
Mike

P.S. If it happens to be a complicated bit of VB code, that is fine with me!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:50
Okay, first you have to make sure you can get the Developer ribbon and to do that you go to the Windows icon and select Excel Options. Then, under POPULAR select "Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon" and then after clicking OK you can then select the Developer Tab and then INSERT from the Ribbon.

michaeljohannes

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers, Bob. I really appreciate it...

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
No problem - it does take some getting used to the new interface. I do like Office 2007 but it is a bit of a challenge, at times, to overcome the previous knowledge of where things were.

michaeljohannes

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, now that I have this, do you know if there is a way that I can increase the size of the checkbox? This is a simple checklist that will be printed, given to work crew to check off elements of a list, and then return it to the office for soft storage. A larger check box would be easier for them. Any ideas? Thanks again:)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Not sure about that one. I'd have to play around with it to see (I don't have it here at work, just at home).

michaeljohannes

Registered User.
Local time
Cool... It's not really an urgent task. I'm not even sure If you can do it in Access. I remember having this issue before in the past and not being able to figure it out then. If you stumble across it, that would be great. If I figure it out, I will post the solution:)

Thanks again, Bob!
Mike

DavidCrj

Local time
Today, 04:50
Okay, first you have to make sure you can get the Developer ribbon and to do that you go to the Windows icon and select Excel Options. Then, under POPULAR select "Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon" and then after clicking OK you can then select the Developer Tab and then INSERT from the Ribbon.

I do not follow... go to the Windows icon where?

mazzaman

Local time
Today, 08:50
The windows icon is the Office logo

swazeyjake

Local time
So, thanks for the instructions. I also was going to ask if there was a way to have the checkboxes inside the cells of an entire column?

JohnMills495

Local time
Today, 08:50
Our security policies mean that our end users do not have the Developer Tab enabled.

Is there another way that they can enter tick boxex in their speadsheets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom