Text cut off on right margin in textbox (CR ver 9) (1 Viewer)

ausmoran

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:16
I have tried all that I can think of and cannot figure it out! I have a number of reports in which I use text boxes for paragraphs of text. When I design the report in CR (version 9) everything looks fine. I ensure that the right edge of the text box does not come close to the edge of the page, and I also set the margin (in page setup) to .5, instead of the default .25. Yet still, when I run the reports, some of them cut off text on the right margin. The text is being cut off, despite the fact that it is not close to the edge of the report. I cannot figure this problem out. It is something that I have been working on for months.

Additionally, I have verified that the fonts used in the reports are available on the server, too! So that is not the problem.

I will be forever in your debt for any assistance that you might be able to provide. THANKS in advance,
- Austin

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:16
Have you set the property of the text box to CAN GROW? Do you have the edge of the report in design view (not just the controls) moved over past the total margin area? So, if you have a report with .5 margins then your report area in design view should not extend past 7.5" if using Portrait mode and 10" in Landscape. It shouldn't be out to the actual paper size.

Kempes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:16
I Noticed this sort of thing happening when changing the default printer for the report.
Check this out too. It may be where the problem lies.

jeromemathew

Local time
Hi
Have you ever got a solution for this issue? I am also having this issue now. any advice?
Regards
Jerome

I have tried all that I can think of and cannot figure it out! I have a number of reports in which I use text boxes for paragraphs of text. When I design the report in CR (version 9) everything looks fine. I ensure that the right edge of the text box does not come close to the edge of the page, and I also set the margin (in page setup) to .5, instead of the default .25. Yet still, when I run the reports, some of them cut off text on the right margin. The text is being cut off, despite the fact that it is not close to the edge of the report. I cannot figure this problem out. It is something that I have been working on for months.

Additionally, I have verified that the fonts used in the reports are available on the server, too! So that is not the problem.

I will be forever in your debt for any assistance that you might be able to provide. THANKS in advance,
- Austin

PeterOC

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:16
A couple of suggestions to try:
1. Put your control {YourField} inside a text object box.
2. Put a blank text box to the right of the one you want to stop bleeding off the edge.

JayawantB

Local time
Hey Guys, I was also facing the same issue and struggled a lot with different options and at last it worked!!!.

Following are the things I did. Right click the textbox and Go to properties

1) Enabled the "Can Grow" property of textbox with 0 number of lines
2) Set the Horizantal Alignment "Justified" instead of "Left"

and it should work now.

Hope so this will work and help to go ahead...

-Jayawant
Silicus Technologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom