help with using Crystal Reports for a beginner (1 Viewer)

amb3r

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:26
Hi guys,

Happy new year everyone!

I've applied for a job which requires you to have knowledge on Crystal Reports. Unfortunately i have never used Crystal Reports and dont know where to begin. I've tried searching on the internet for support but so far i have not come across anything useful. Can anyone please put me in the right direction....i.e. do you know any websites etc on CR's which would be useful for a beginner like myself?

Many thanks,

Amber

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:26
Crystal Reports is a great program, but it isn't the easiest program to learn by yourself. You really need to get actual training on it to get the most out of it. I seriously doubt that, if the job REQUIRES Crystal Report experience, you will be successful at it, to the extent they wish, just by trying to quickly learn it. It takes quite a bit to learn - I consider myself a very quick learner on software (I can play around with it and learn all about it in a short period of time) but when I started using it, I could make some headway but until I went through Basic and Advanced training I didn't have near the knowledge of what you could even do with it.

That being said, one book I swear by is:
Crystal Reports XI: The Complete Reference by George Peck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom