Embed Excel in Access FORM (1 Viewer)

rscott1989

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:20
Hello,

I am trying to take data from an Excel sheet and post in the form, The Data in the Excel sheet preforms automatic calculations based on criteria on the additional pages in the Excel Doc.

All I want to do is move the Excel doc to my Access form, and have it still preform the calculations. Is that possible?

I am new to this so any help is appreciated!

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:20
Link your excel spreadsheet to Access and if it is in table format, then it will appear as a linked table. If changes are made in Excel, they will be immediately appear in Access as they are linked. You can then have your form bound to the linked table.

rscott1989

Registered User.
Local time
Im not sure if i am understanding what you are saying. I am trying to not view it like a table in the form. I want to view it how it is in Excel. Or somehow embed a link to the Excel sheet in my Form.

Attachments

• apft-calculator.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 961

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:20
Create an unbound object frame at your form, when the popup shows, choose "Create from file" tick the "Link" check box, browse to your file and hit the "Ok" button.
Change in the "Data" tab, the property "Enable" to Yes and the "Locked" to No, (for the unbound object frame).
If you want to edit the data in the Excel sheet, double click in the unbound object frame.

micks55

Registered User.
Local time
In my work, we need to look at .doc .pdf and .xls files so I use the MS WebControl. It's in my Access 2k tools so I guess something is around in later versions. You have to store the full path to the file. Nice thing about it is that they are all editable appearing in a "window" on the form. In my app, document names with full paths are shown in a listbox called List41 and the onclick event passes the filename to the WebCtrl...
Me!WebCtrl.Object.Navigate List41

It's just an option that might suit.

rscott1989

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks everyone! I think I figured it out! Just took some playing around with!

micks55

Registered User.
Local time
rscott1989: you're welcome.
Top tip when viewing .pdf files. Ctrl+Alt+Minus rotates anticlockwise.

jazzBox

Local time
Today, 15:20
We are looking to do something similar in Access by including an existing editable Excel worksheet in an Access form.

What was your solution?

Thanks.

milevicm

Local time
Create an unbound object frame at your form, when the popup shows, choose "Create from file" tick the "Link" check box, browse to your file and hit the "Ok" button.
Change in the "Data" tab, the property "Enable" to Yes and the "Locked" to No, (for the unbound object frame).
If you want to edit the data in the Excel sheet, double click in the unbound object frame.

Is it possible to view all content of sheet, because i got result with this, but I can not see full page. Also I set zoom option, but there is not full content?

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Is it possible to view all content of sheet, because i got result with this, but I can not see full page. Also I set zoom option, but there is not full content?

Is there an answer to this as i have the same question and understand is a 2 year old post but

attached is my form and it cuts the data off and see no option to add a scroll bar

Attachments

• excel.png
    excel.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 333
  • form.png
    form.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 292

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom