Subform lock up issue on tab (1 Viewer)

cage4000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:42
Hi Everyone,

I've built a form that uses a Tab Control. In one of the tabs i have a subform and a control box with toggle buttons that are side by side (not overlapping). every time i click the subform it only clicks once and then i can not do anything else on it until i click one of the control box bottoms and then it frees the subform, but for only one click. I have to do the same thing to free it up again.

I tried to bring the subform forward with the "Position: Bring to Front" option but it creates the same problem as above only in reverse (I can click the subform all i want but i can only click the control box once and then it locks up)

can anyone tell me why this is happening and how i can make it so i can click both all i want?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:42
you need to be clearer on your terminology

What is a 'control box'

what do you mean by 'click one of the control box bottoms '

your thread header is 'Subform lock up issue on tab' but your text says 'i can only click the control box once and then it locks up'

and we would need to see the code you are using

cage4000

Registered User.
Local time
you are right CJ, i need to be more clear. i put in the wrong term when explaining this. Instead of "Control Box" it should have said "Option Group" and "Option Group Buttons". This is what happens when you start your day at 2am with little to no sleep.

the only code i use on the Option Group is the "after update event" which tells the subform to requery. there is no other code on the subform or the Tab control.

Code:
Private Sub frmB_Month_AfterUpdate()

Me.sub_frm_Assoc_Birthday.Form.Requery

End Sub

all of this is happening under the same tab in my form.

cage4000

Registered User.
Local time
looks like i have everyone stumped on this one. Anyone want to give a guess?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:42
Me.sub_frm_Assoc_Birthday.Form.Requery
not sure if it makes a difference, but you only need to requery the subform

Me.sub_frm_Assoc_Birthday.Requery

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom