Picture Hyperlink (1 Viewer)

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:43
Hello guys, this is a silly question but I can not find a solution.

In my table I have a field, that field is the URL of a PDF document, to be exact is the URL of a Safety Data Sheet.

I have a report and I would like to include in that report an icon that represent the Safety Data Sheet, like a safety icon, I always export my report as a PDF so the end user get the PDF file. I would like that the end user make click in the Safety icon and it open the URL file.

Is this possible? if so could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:43
Greetings Sajarac,

I do not thing it is possible in a report. Definitely possible on a form, but I am quite certain you cannot do want you want to do in a report.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:43
Not at all a silly question. Actually very interesting question.

Even on a form, would require code that opens URL using FollowHyperlink or Shell to open URL in the field, if the field is Text type and not Hyperlink.

An image can export to PDF as clickable link using Image control HyperlinkAddress property. This property cannot be directly linked to a field. However, can use VBA code in Detail section Format event to dynamically set the property with URL string from field. This does result in a clickable link in PDF.

Set Picture property to an image file for display. Or if you want the picture to be dynamic, can use ControlSource property or even code setting Picture property.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:43
Greetings Sajarac,

I do not thing it is possible in a report. Definitely possible on a form, but I am quite certain you cannot do want you want to do in a report.

Hi NG
Actually it is possible to click items in REPORT view....just not in Print Preview.
Just use Application.FollowHyperlink in report view as for a form.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:43
Hi NG
Actually it is possible to click items in REPORT view....just not in Print Preview.
Just use Application.FollowHyperlink in report view as for a form.
Doesn't it depend on what version of Access you are running? NG's comment could be in reference to older versions like 2000. I could be wrong.;)

The OP hasn't stated their version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom